NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

They can have Hoyer for 2 1sts

You should call Bill O'Brien with that offer. He actually thought Hoyer was a starting QB. 

That's not a joke. He actually did start Brian Hoyer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Louisiana and I share some natural disasters. You don't just turn your back on that.

You set me up for a Katrina joke, but I am not going to take it. 

Plot twist: ET is the natural disaster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:
19 hours ago, August4th said:

Saints and Packers have had some brutal playoff loses this decade

fans would be in bad shape if those teams didn't win it all in 09 and 2010

Yeah that's basically how I've thought of it. Had we not won in 2009, I think I'd be taking a long break from the NFL after these recent playoff losses for the Saints.

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, Danger said:

good question. Redskins fans if they tout one thing is their Defensive Interior of DaRon Payne, Jonathan Allen, and Matt Iosoda (I know I spelled that wrong but don't care)

@Woz @MKnight82 @turtle28

Because on 3rd down and short distance, our corners play 12 yards off the ball and our inside linebackers didn't have the speed to cover the running back catching the flare pass.

No one went up the middle.

And it's Ioannidis.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

good question. Redskins fans if they tout one thing is their Defensive Interior of DaRon Payne, Jonathan Allen, and Matt Iosoda (I know I spelled that wrong but don't care)

@Woz @MKnight82 @turtle28

Their MLBs were embarrassingly bad and their defensive coordinator is a moron.   Most people just threw the ball against us on 3rd and short cause our playcaller would have CBs 10 yards deep over and over.  

Edited by MKnight82

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Their MLBs were embarrassingly bad and their defensive coordinator is a moron.   Most people just threw the ball against us on 3rd and short cause our playcaller would have CBs 10 yards deep over and over.  

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Who is your DC?

Is it the same DC (Joe Barry who was the DC of the 2008 Detroit Lions) who had the idea to put his number 2 CB one on one against Antonio Brown in 2016 in week 1, even if he had Josh Norman in his roster?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Who is your DC?

Is it the same DC (Joe Barry who was the DC of the 2008 Detroit Lions) who had the idea to put his number 2 CB one on one against Antonio Brown in 2016 in week 1, even if he had Josh Norman in his roster?

Its Greg Manusky, who was assistant under the moron Joe Barry.  We fired Barry and promoted his moron assistant because no one else would work for Snyder/Bruce Allen.  

• Like 2

Flags for offensive holding in the NFL increased by 71% during the 2019 preseason compared to the same time period last year, the result of a yearlong point of emphasis that largely went unnoticed this summer.