NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What were some of the best games last season? I'm going to rewatch one or two because I have no social life now.

I seem to remember Vikings and Seahawks was a good'un? Any suggestions?

I think the one that immediately springs to mind is Chiefs-Rams. Unbelievable game. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

100% agree.

Even me I would be able to accumulate draft pick and be 1-31 with that ... But it's much harder when it's time to build a good team with good draft pick and Sashi Brown was horrible in that.

To be fair, Nassib, Coleman, Coleman, Drango, Ogbah, and Kindred are all still in the league.

The fact the new regime traded them away for guys they previously drafted (Ogbah for Murray) or cut in favor of “their guy” (Nassib for Chad Thomas which this far looks like a mistake) doesn’t mean they are all bad.

Netting a Pro Bowler, 2 other starters and 5 other guys still on NFL rosters 3 years later isn’t an awful draft, especially when you consider the draft capital he acquired for 2017 as well.

I’m not saying it was ideal, not at all, but there’s context that has to be considered.

• Like 2

Is it an overreaction if I say that Bill O'Brien is worse than Matt Millen as GM?

I have rarely seen anyone do so many desperate trade and move in a short time like O'Brien ... Biggest problem with Matt Millen,who was not his fault is that the Lions had waited way too long before to fire him.

1 hour ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Is it an overreaction if I say that Bill O'Brien is worse than Matt Millen as GM?

I have rarely seen anyone do so many desperate trade and move in a short time like O'Brien ... Biggest problem with Matt Millen,who was not his fault is that the Lions had waited way too long before to fire him.

No, you wouldn't be wrong.

I like Tunsil, but I can acknowledge that it was an overpayment for him. I can also still go on about how bad that Clowney trade was.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

NFC West is going to be very exciting this year.  Every team is making pushes to get better.

Who you guys gonna be running out to back up Wilson? Just saw you cut both Lynch and Geno. I'm assuming a move is coming likely for the IR to bring Geno back?

6 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Who you guys gonna be running out to back up Wilson? Just saw you cut both Lynch and Geno. I'm assuming a move is coming likely for the IR to bring Geno back?

I would imagine so as well, but there are some interesting guys out there on the wire too. They could go after Hoyer (though I Think he will be in demand). I don't particularly love Kizer, but that could certainly be an option. Lauletta is a little intriguing if you want a developmental guy as well. So either of those could work (lets be real, at this point if Wilson goes down, the season is up in flames regardless of who the backup is, so it may just come down to prospect type of backups). 

32 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Probably so.  But like @Forge said, if Wilson goes down the season is done and they'll have a top five pick lol

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

As a Titans fan, it seems like everything in the league is trying to help the Titans make the playoffs this season.

I don't think the Titans will make the playoffs.  They probably finish third in the AFC South if they're lucky.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think the Titans will make the playoffs.  They probably finish third in the AFC South if they're lucky.

I can respect having a terribly misinformed opinion. But I do find it amusing to proclaim them finishing third as being "lucky".