NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Being too young (like the Browns in 2017 or the Rams under Jeff Fisher) is normally not a good thing..I do not think many players of the Browns in 2017 are still in their roster this year, even if this team had the most younger roster in the NFL just 2 years ago.

Yeah they don’t have a lot of players from that ‘17 squad. Dorsey flipper like close to 50% his first full year and he did more this year. 

Biggest issue was that ‘17 squad was following some older squads. The ‘15 season they were the 24th youngest team. They had a lot of vets but still sucked. So when Sashi came in that was his biggest goal was get young and bad 

17 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

I do not know if the Bears players, coach and fan will be confident if the Bears need a clutch FG of Eddy Pineiro to win a game...

It was in the last preseason..

It was absolutely a shank.  He also made the next 3 kicks.  He ended the preseason missing 1 48 yard FG, and 1 xp, also made a 58 yard FG.  He went 12-14 (85%) in the preseason on total kicks.  Anyone still trying to make this a story is just trying to make a story.  

34 minutes ago, FinSting said:

I believe Flores, he is a rather intense man and I wouldn't want to be a player that gets on his bad side. It amuses me when a losing team dumps the players that led them to losing records, and the media consensus is to somehow think the losing team will be losers. Like um, those guys were already losing. That's the guys you WANT gone. 

Now they got young hungry (broke af) guys out to prove themselves and make that money. Coach'em up with X's and O's stuff and let's see what happens on Sundays. 

I agree

Even if a team is rebuilding like the Dolphins this year, I do not think players and coaches want to be remembered when an all-time bad team ... If you have pride, you never want to lose,no matter what.

I remember 2 years ago, many thought the Jets was going to tank for a draft pick, but they played hard almost every week and they were competitive for much of the season, despite their lack of talent, so even if the GM make move for the future, it does not always mean that you want the team to play for the first overall pick.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

The Redskins don't have a WR currently on the Roster with a jersey # in the 80's. I don't know if I've ever seen that from any team, ever. Here are our current WR's & their #'s.

Richardson 10

Harmon 13

Quinn 14

Sims Jr. 15

McLaurin 17

Davis 19

It's gotten to the point now when if I see a rookie WR take a # in the 80s, it surprises me. 10-19 has become so much more popular on WRs over the course of the last few years it seems. I kind of like it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

The Redskins don't have a WR currently on the Roster with a jersey # in the 80's. I don't know if I've ever seen that from any team, ever. Here are our current WR's & their #'s.

Richardson 10

Harmon 13

Quinn 14

Sims Jr. 15

McLaurin 17

Davis 19

Gordon - 10

Edelman - 11

Harry - 15

Meyers - 16

Dorsett - 13

We're right there with ya.

33 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Richardson 10

Harmon 13

Quinn 14

Sims Jr. 15

McLaurin 17

Davis 19

Every WR's # on the Panthers is in the 10s too (#10-#15 exactly actually)

It feels like most WRs don't ever pick a number in the 80s anymore.

Edited by iknowcool

46 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Richardson 10

Harmon 13

Quinn 14

Sims Jr. 15

McLaurin 17

Davis 19

Same thing for the Steelers.

18 WR 5-10 183 23 R Toledo

Donte Moncrief 11 WR 6-2 216 26 6 Mississippi

JuJu Smith-Schuster 19 WR 6-1 215 22 3 USC

Ryan Switzer 10 WR 5-8 185 24 3 North Carolina

James Washington 13 WR 5-11 213 23 2 Oklahoma State

Edited by Steelersfan43

65. Is that arbitrary? Has a team scored 64 or something?

If the Chiefs didn't do it last season, I wouldn't expect them to do it this season tbh. Whilst they COULD, they are now known, with more film, without one of those weapons from last season, and I'm sure I heard their schedule is a bit tougher. 

So, nah, not for me.