2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I like Nagler just fine and that's too bad about a divorce ( not sure how you know that?). But blocking people etc is nothing new for him.

He tweeted it out, probably deleted it by now.

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yep. Thanks. I do a LOT of draft books for hockey but honestly have never done it for football. I looked a few years back but it was considerably more expensive than hockey. Bob McGinn's draft site does seem fairly reasonable priced at only $16. 

4 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Yep. Thanks. I do a LOT of draft books for hockey but honestly have never done it for football. I looked a few years back but it was considerably more expensive than hockey. Bob McGinn's draft site does seem fairly reasonable priced at only $16. 

I signed up when McCarthy got canned ... figured there would be some decent coverage of head coaching prospects, assist coaches, and then draft coverage.  It's been worth it for the most part.  

7 hours ago, cannondale said:

Telling me to piss off like a 5 year old who doesn't get his way won't change the opinion I'm allowed to have. I assume you think Gute should piss off too since he has mentioned catch radius more than once. You obviously dont even know the definition of catch radius by your post. Nelson was the best blocker since whenever too, but you can't manhandle people in the NFL. At least I'm not making excuses to justify the shiny new toy argument. Did you like AJ Hawk, CJ Spiller and Percy Harvin too ? Talent evaluators gushed over those guys too

Bryan Bulaga fell to the Packers because he, too had arms that were too short.  Then he went on to become one of the best pass blocking RT's in the game.

I think your concerns are disingenuous unless you've got film to back it up.  

2 hours ago, Cheech said:

Bryan Bulaga fell to the Packers because he, too had arms that were too short. 

I think with Bulaga it was more to do with how Robert Gallery, the last highly touted Iowa tackle, was a bust.  Concerns were that Iowa OL wouldn't translate to the NFL game.  Anything north of 33" (Bulaga was 33 1/4") is fine for a tackle.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

With the Giants trading Vernon, I'm really concerned that none of the pass rushers are going to last until 12 now.  Do you think the Jaguars would take 12 and 44 for 7 and 69?  I'd then turn around and try to sell 30.

Don't fret teams are going to fall in love with QB's. 

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think with Bulaga it was more to do with how Robert Gallery, the last highly touted Iowa tackle, was a bust.  Concerns were that Iowa OL wouldn't translate to the NFL game.  Anything north of 33" (Bulaga was 33 1/4") is fine for a tackle.

I thought Gallery's arms were quite short as well? 

I looked it up he had 32.5 arm length. 

Archived