2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So because this dude's formula is bad at comparing athletes on the higher end of the spectrum, you're going to ignore the raw data?

That's ******* retarded.

Cool so I'm just going to go ahead and continue to try to have this discussion. Let's compare the raw data again.

You believe Fant is such a significantly better athlete that regardless of their film he's a better prospect. Is that right?

Just now, deathstar said:

And Hock in the top 12% of the entire NFL at his position. 

yes, definitely both are plus athletes.  4.7 for TE is pretty good.

Do think that a bigger/taller TE is less than ideal for Rodgers' style.  Blocking is close to irrelevant. Tiebreaker at best.  Hands, routes, catching ability, separation.  That's what I'd be looking for.  TE makes their value catching the football.

31 minutes ago, deathstar said:

My belief is that Hock is equally as elite when compared to other prospects at the tight end position. We have a database of prospects to back that up. https://twitter.com/MathBomb

For all intents and purposes they're equivalent athletes compared to their peers.

Fant's athleticism relative to tight ends : 

60-yard shuttle  - 91st percentile
20-yard shuttle - 79th
3-Cone - 95th
Broad jump - 95th
Vert - 97th
40 yard - 96th
Bench - 50th

Hock's: 

60-yard shuttle  - 84st percentile
20-yard shuttle - 85th
3-Cone - 77th
Broad jump - 91th
Vert - 90th
40 yard - 68th
Bench - 21st

I don't think they're all that comparable as athletes.

45 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What do you want me to say?

Hock is .625 inches taller and 2 lbs heavier.

Fant ran .2 seconds faster on the 40

Fant put up 3 more bench reps (who cares?)

Fant was .21 seconds faster in his 3 come.

2 inches higher vert

4 inches higher broad.

Bigger hands, longer arms. 

Literally every aspect of measurable athleticism favors Fant and in the case of the most representative measurements, they favor him by a lot.

40 minutes ago, deathstar said:

My belief is that Hock is equally as elite when compared to other prospects at the tight end position. We have a database of prospects to back that up. https://twitter.com/MathBomb

For all intents and purposes they're equivalent athletes compared to their peers.

I think what you are trying to say is they are both elite athletes for their position, which is true. Saying they are equivalent athletes is completely false and the numbers are there to back that statement up. 

Fant's knock is catching the ball consistently. If he can correct that, he's going to be virtually unstoppable. Hock seems to be the better all around prospect though. 

40 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Fant's athleticism relative to tight ends : 

60-yard shuttle  - 91st percentile
20-yard shuttle - 79th
3-Cone - 95th
Broad jump - 95th
Vert - 97th
40 yard - 96th
Bench - 50th

Hock's: 

60-yard shuttle  - 84st percentile
20-yard shuttle - 85th
3-Cone - 77th
Broad jump - 91th
Vert - 90th
40 yard - 68th
Bench - 21st

I don't think they're all that comparable as athletes.

Cool bro. You don’t believe them being within 10% of each other on most measures is comparable.

30 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I think what you are trying to say is they are both elite athletes for their position, which is true. Saying they are equivalent athletes is completely false and the numbers are there to back that statement up. 

Fant's knock is catching the ball consistently. If he can correct that, he's going to be virtually unstoppable. Hock seems to be the better all around prospect though. 

Referring back to my preface: I don’t care about either prospect. But the idea Fant is such a better athlete that he’s a better prospect is dumb.

But yeah, you said it better than me.

50 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Cool bro. You don’t believe them being within 10% of each other on most measures is comparable.

No. If Fant day, averaged as a 95% athlete and Hock 85%. Is Hock basically the same as the guy who averages 75%? Hell even 80%? No.

Hock is a hell of an athlete and a great TE prospect, Fant is a SPECIAL athlete and a great TE prospect.

its not just the athletic numbers either, it’s the right ones. A TE who can run as fast as almost half of the WR’s in the league is a special prospect. 

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

how would you kinda rank the top-end of these ILB's? i've only watched the devin's so far. watching mack and so far he's pretty rough. multiple tiers below white and bush lol. who i gotta watch next there? 

I don't think anyone outside of Bush or White matters in this class.

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

No. If Fant day, averaged as a 95% athlete and Hock 85%. Is Hock basically the same as the guy who averages 75%? Hell even 80%? No.

Hock is a hell of an athlete and a great TE prospect, Fant is a SPECIAL athlete and a great TE prospect.

its not just the athletic numbers either, it’s the right ones. A TE who can run as fast as almost half of the WR’s in the league is a special prospect. 

Gotcha. Do you believe that Fant is that special of an athlete that he’s better than Hock?

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

Simply put,  being a B+ student just isn't the same as being the valedictorian. 

Archived