2019 Team Needs

lark25

On 9/20/2018 at 10:26 AM, vikingsrule said:

For the Vikings:

The Vikes have two big free agents on defense in Anthony Barr and Sheldon Richardson. I suspect that they can only afford to keep one. Richardson has been phenomenal this year and should be resigned.

1) OLB - I expect Barr to walk. Barr wants to be paid as an edge rusher but the production just isn't there to justify paying $14+ million per year. Barr has been solid but unspectacular for most of his career in MN. 

2) OG - Both OG spots could potentially use an upgrade. Tom Compton is currently the LG and Mike Remmers is the RG, who isn't cheap. Both Tackle spots (Reiff and O'Neill) and Center (Elflein) are solidified going forward. 

3) WR - Diggs and Thielen are as good as it gets for a WR duo but everything behind them is below par. Treadwell is undeniably a bust. I could see the Vikes wanting a speed/deep threat on the outside. 

4) DE - The Vikes don't have a productive 3rd DE and Zimmer loves a deep rotation. 

5) S - Andrew Sendejo is only getting older and more expensive. George Iloka and Anthony Harris are both free agents and Jayron Kearse has yet to really emerge into a starting caliber player.

I agree with all of these needs, but I would change the order.

1)  DE - With the news regarding Everson Griffen, this goes to our #1 need, IMO.

2) OG - We should be able to get a good one in the second round, so I wouldn't take one in the first.

3) OLB - I agree that Barr is probably gone after this year, so we will need a replacement.  It would be nice if we could find one in FA, but who knows.

Any other positions could be filled based on how the draft falls to us.  A lot of mocks have us taking a DT in round one, but I'm hoping we can resign Sheldon Richardson.

On 9/22/2018 at 3:56 PM, Duffman57 said:

While this is easy to say, I've seen clips that suggest that Harrison has HUGE potential as a LT for the browns.  He's made his errors, but he has an enormous amount of potential. 

For the Chargers, here's what I got.

DT: What is TBD is whether we want a quicker, penetrating 1T NT, or a really explosive, athletic freak 3T.  Supposedly the guy who was THE pick for the chargers until somehow the NFL let Derwin fall to us (who was supposedly a top 5 player on our board, with Roquan being #1 overall), was Tavern Bryan (and who we had a deal in place to trade up for if he had dropped to the patriots in the 1st round).  This is all coming from someone who has a true in with the Chargers, and hasn't missed on a prediction for the last 2 years.  Justin Jones has looked incredibly good, but it has yet to be determined if he is going to be a "dirty work" 3T, or that penetrating 1T NT that we like to use. I think we'll find out more once Liuget gets back.

FS: I may be in the minority here, after we picked up Derwin, but we still lack a guy who can truly play single high FS, which is an essential part of Bradley's D, though Derwin has shown that he's capable of it, we need another guy to play that spot in order to free him up to move around the field.

RT: While I'm a fan of Barksdale, he hasn't been able to stay healthy, and I'm thinking that we want to replace him with a developmental guy. Lots of those types of OT's in this class make me think that this will be a good fit for us.  If nothing else, we need a swing OT who can sit behind him and Okung for a few years.

Barksdale stinks and Okung is on his last legs. We also don't know what we have in Lamp, not to mention Dan Feeney has regressed a lot from his rookie season.  Offensive line is our biggest need and we probably should go after a top pick to fill one those positions. Outside of all that I agree with your needs for the chargers. Maybe add another CB to develop after Hayward as he isn't getting younger.

On 9/20/2018 at 11:26 AM, vikingsrule said:

For the Vikings:

The Vikes have two big free agents on defense in Anthony Barr and Sheldon Richardson. I suspect that they can only afford to keep one. Richardson has been phenomenal this year and should be resigned.

1) OLB - I expect Barr to walk. Barr wants to be paid as an edge rusher but the production just isn't there to justify paying $14+ million per year. Barr has been solid but unspectacular for most of his career in MN. 

2) OG - Both OG spots could potentially use an upgrade. Tom Compton is currently the LG and Mike Remmers is the RG, who isn't cheap. Both Tackle spots (Reiff and O'Neill) and Center (Elflein) are solidified going forward. 

3) WR - Diggs and Thielen are as good as it gets for a WR duo but everything behind them is below par. Treadwell is undeniably a bust. I could see the Vikes wanting a speed/deep threat on the outside. 

4) DE - The Vikes don't have a productive 3rd DE and Zimmer loves a deep rotation. 

5) S - Andrew Sendejo is only getting older and more expensive. George Iloka and Anthony Harris are both free agents and Jayron Kearse has yet to really emerge into a starting caliber player.

I'd say it goes 

1. DE 

2. OG

3. OLB

4. SS

5. WR

but otherwise i 100% agree.

Rams:

OLB - Need another outside rush presence in order for the defense to hit next level

FS - LaMarcus Joyner probably won't be retained

TE - Getting limited production, though guys here are young

G - Losing Saffold I'd imagine, either way he's old

CB- Talib's replacement eventually

ILB- Have some young guys, but unproven

NT- Someone to come in and clog holes, young guys but unproven

T-Solid depth

Titans:

WR - self-explanatory if you've watched us this year. Corey Davis is coming into his own, but we have basically nothing behind him. Taywan Taylor's ceiling is probably a decent #3 and he's playing #2 for us, and guys like Tajae Sharpe and Darius Jennings probably wouldn't even make a lot of NFL rosters. yikes

TE- i love delanie, but he isn't getting any younger and will be coming off a broken ankle next year. we hoped jonnu smith would be able to step into that role and at least be serviceable, but he's been terrible.

interior OL- ben jones is average at center, and josh kline and quinton spain aren't great guards (though spain has been the best of the 3 and it wouldn't hurt to roll with him going forward). none are truly awful, but all 3 are replaceable and we should be picking up guys to push them for their spots.

interior DL- jurrell casey is awesome and has gotten off to one of the hottest starts of his career now that he's got some help from an injection of youth at edge rusher. the rest of our guys are serviceable run stuffers but not too much more. getting another impact player to pair with casey would take our front 7 to another level.

On 20-9-2018 at 3:49 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Some big ones for the Raiders:

• Edge player. Trading Mack left an obviously huge void. Bruce Irvin only has a few good plays a game now, and Key isn't ready quite yet.
  • RT. Kolton Miller has been excellent thus far (Didn't even realize Chubb once when we played), but moving Penn to RT has been rough. We need a RT badly.
  • S. Joseph barely sees the field and can be considered a bust. Reggie Nelson is horrible yet always plays. We need a Safety, probably two.
  • LB. Derrick Johnson is okay but old. I doubt he is here next year.

I agree that these spots are the most obious nees. However the other positions are very very average as well. I would prefer to use a part of our $70 mio cap space to sign 3 or 4 starters in FA for the biggest needs, and go BPA with our 3 picks in the first 2 rounds.

For the Browns after 4 games, I would say these would be areas of need:

1. WR: Preferably a big bodied outside threat. With Landry, Calloway, and Higgins, they have some youth and potential but really lack that go to guy on the outside (Green, Julio, Michael Thomas, etc.)

2. CB: Ward is legit, but their dropoff after Mitchell (he's good but out for the season) is awful. They need a #2 CB and maybe even a nickel guy, although BBC is versatile and ok in a pinch.

3. DE: Ogbah isn't a bad rotational player and good against the run, but it would be nice to have a true 4-3 edge rusher opposite Myles, aside from Avery who is only a situational guy and worthless outside of 3rd down/obvious passing situations\

4. Back-up QB. Stanton and Tyrod will be out, and they're a Mayfield injury away from disaster, assuming Baker pans out.

5. TE #2: Njoku shows flashes, but even still they desperately need another TE. DeValve can't stay healthy and a 2nd TE would cause match-up issues in their run game (which is already good) and passing game (which shows some potential) and make them less predictable

6. MLB: Collins is probably done and Kirksey and Schobert are both very good WLB/SLB guys, but a true Mike would be great for that defense.

7. DT: While Ogunjobi is legit, they need a disruptor/run stuff guy to go with him.

Am I missing anything @BleedTheClock @MSURacerDT55 @LETSGOBROWNIES @NateDawg?

New England

WR: Thin at this position, and Edelman only on books plus he's 31 

LB: Very slow

S: Chung/McCourts axis wont be around much longer

QB: It's probably time to cash another one in

G/C: We don't really have much depth here. We get Wynn back, but if Andrews goes down, we could be in trouble

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

For the Browns after 4 games, I would say these would be areas of need:

1. WR: Preferably a big bodied outside threat. With Landry, Calloway, and Higgins, they have some youth and potential but really lack that go to guy on the outside (Green, Julio, Michael Thomas, etc.)

2. CB: Ward is legit, but their dropoff after Mitchell (he's good but out for the season) is awful. They need a #2 CB and maybe even a nickel guy, although BBC is versatile and ok in a pinch.

3. DE: Ogbah isn't a bad rotational player and good against the run, but it would be nice to have a true 4-3 edge rusher opposite Myles, aside from Avery who is only a situational guy and worthless outside of 3rd down/obvious passing situations\

4. Back-up QB. Stanton and Tyrod will be out, and they're a Mayfield injury away from disaster, assuming Baker pans out.

5. TE #2: Njoku shows flashes, but even still they desperately need another TE. DeValve can't stay healthy and a 2nd TE would cause match-up issues in their run game (which is already good) and passing game (which shows some potential) and make them less predictable

6. MLB: Collins is probably done and Kirksey and Schobert are both very good WLB/SLB guys, but a true Mike would be great for that defense.

7. DT: While Ogunjobi is legit, they need a disruptor/run stuff guy to go with him.

Am I missing anything @BleedTheClock @MSURacerDT55 @LETSGOBROWNIES @NateDawg?

Nice try dragging me over here. I only visit to watch the wanna be Kipers and for the Lulz. 

giphy.gif

Seattle Seahawks : (as of week 5)

1. Defensive Tackle : Jarren Reed is a legit starter, but Seattle is definitely feeling the loss of Bennett and Richardson up the middle. Naz Jones and Poona Ford are solid rotational guys, but Seattle could really use a play maker up front.  Stephens has been a dud. 

2. WR : Lockett has been good this year [3TDs], Baldwin is Baldwin but he isn't getting any younger. David Moore has some nice potential but nothing really beyond that. Jarron Brown and Marshall don't factor in long term. Another weapon for Russell would be nice.

3. Strong Side DE : Essentially Michael Bennetts replacement. Malik was supposed to be that guy but well... atvs. Dion Jordan is intriguing but hasn't been healthy enough to establish himself. Jefferson and Jackson are just JAGs. Rasheem Green could be an option here, but needs to bulk up. 

4. Deep Safety : The staff seems to really like Tedric Thompson who will replace Earl going forward. McDougall can both positions, and is under contract for the next 3 years. If Thompson or Hill don't play well this year, a replacement for Earl needs to be found.

5. RG - RT : This is solely dependent on how well Ifedi plays the rest of this season. He was abused in game one, but has been pretty solid since. The staff loves what Fluker has brought to the running game this year, but he has serious durability issues and only on a 1 year contract. 

Others:

LB : Wright is getting older [and hurt], Mingo isn't really a long term solution, Queem is probably a ST ace.

TE : Dissly is the man going forward but will be coming off a knee injury, Vannett has been... mediocre. 

K : Dickson worked out, Seattle has been victimized by bad kicking since Haus-$ left.

Edge Rusher : Clark needs some more help.

Position of little or no need:

QB : Russell

RB : Three starting quality backs [Carson, Penny, Davis]

LT - LG - C : Brown, Pocic and Britt well established at those positions.

CB : Shaq and Coleman are awesome. Tre Flowers has been coming along nicely at the #2. If he bottoms out, then go ahead and throw CBs in the mix.

Archived