Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

55 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think its funny that Schefty said 'surprise' when @jrry32 told everyone this was gonna happen because he had a really bad year last year

I don't think we will have much interest

Furthermore, We have Malcom Smith. I really think we might have tepid interest in signing a LB unless it's someone super high end (Barr, Mosley) or a bargain player. 

57 minutes ago, John232 said:

Furthermore, We have Malcom Smith. I really think we might have tepid interest in signing a LB unless it's someone super high end (Barr, Mosley) or a bargain player. 

Feel like this should never be uttered when discussing whether or not to go after anyone ever lol

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Feel like this should never be uttered when discussing whether or not to go after anyone ever lol

Lol, I thought about the edit after I said that. Moreso that our FO might not feel the need to go after any LB that isn't elite or an utter bargain for Malcom reasons. 

Just now, John232 said:

Lol, I thought about the edit after I said that. Moreso that our FO might not feel the need to go after any LB that isn't elite or an utter bargain for Malcom reasons. 

I wouldn't read too much into Smith yet. I Think he's only still on the roster right now because he's banged up and hurt. 

Man, I wonder if we might trade Tartt given the new MM tweet. Amos/Thomas and trade Tartt for a mid round pick (or keep on as a nickel backer/Hybrid). Tasty tasty.  Raiders would be a great spot for Tartt tbh. 

Edited by John232

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

Man, I wonder if we might trade Tartt given the new MM tweet. Amos/Thomas and trade Tartt for a mid round pick (or keep on as a nickel backer/Hybrid). Tasty tasty. 

Why would we trade Tartt? All he said is he believes the FO wants to sign a starting caliber safety in free agency. Didn't say the team wants a complete overhaul at safety lol.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why would we trade Tartt? All he said is he believes the FO wants to sign a starting caliber safety in free agency. Didn't say the team wants a complete overhaul at safety lol.

I mean..I don't think they would, given they just extended him. But the safety market is kind of insane this year. Thomas, Joyner, Honey Badger, Weddle, Glover Quinn, McCourtey...then Cyprien, Amos, Coleman and Collins. Amos is straight up elite...Collins is good but elite in the box...Just lots of options. Though, I do like Tartt a lot and he's no slouch in his own right. 

But imagine, ET and Amos...gooood lord. 

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

I mean..I don't think they would, given they just extended him. But the safety market is kind of insane this year. Thomas, Joyner, Honey Badger, Weddle, Glover Quinn, McCourtey...then Cyprien, Amos, Coleman and Collins. Amos is straight up elite...Collins is good but elite in the box...Just lots of options. Though, I do like Tartt a lot and he's no slouch in his own right. 

But imagine, ET and Amos...gooood lord. 

You think they pay two safeties around ~22-25M a year? Meh. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

You think they pay two safeties around ~22-25M a year? Meh. 

Well, we have lots of trees in the bay area, and money grows on it. So yeah. Why not?? 

I wouldn't be opposed to have an elite safety tandem, but not at the cost of grabbing other needs in free agency, or retaining talent. But there are a couple guys we could still cut/restructure to make more room. 

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I didn't buy the Cowboys being a major threat unless ET was willing to take a big discount anyways. 

I wonder if the Colts try to pair him with Hooker or are they bit too similar? 

Browns possibly? Packers? Who is our biggest threat for his services?