Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Not going to lie - kind of warming up to the Everson Griffen idea. I didn't realize that his contract was such that the Vikings could easily cut him. If that is the case, I think his trade value return is pretty nominal, given that cutting him or restructuring him would be the most likely scenarios. If we can get him on the cheap (6th rounder this year, maybe a 5th next year?) I'm kind of on board with this. 

• Like 1

Supposedly there's a lot of smoke about various moves Cleveland is involved in that's coming from a few different places. There's apparently even some OBJ speculation. They've apparently been in talks before and during the combine? (I have no source from this myself, just reading through some of the cleveland posters' info)

Let's say the giants do infact trade Odell and Arizonas smoke is thick and end up drafting Nick Bosa. Then Giants trade up to two and give us there first and the browns first. We probably throw in our 3rd. I'd do it.

Edited by 49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Supposedly there's a lot of smoke about various moves Cleveland is involved in that's coming from a few different places. There's apparently even some OBJ speculation. They've apparently been in talks before and during the combine? (I have no source from this myself, just reading through some of the cleveland posters' info)

Browns fans talking like OBJ is a done deal already

I get that they are excited and all, but they already won the superbowl in their eyes

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

No one seems to know anything but saying huge rumors but no info on if and who might be traded

Just now, N4L said:

I get that they are excited and all, but they already won the superbowl in their eyes

I think that a lot of them are joking around with it (honestly, several of them don't even want him it seems like lol). I think they're just going off the scuttle that there's been some conversations back and forth, Cleveland has Landry and OBJ former receiver coach on staff, I believe....just a lot of middling circumstantial stuff. I don't think it'll be anything near that big, but obviously given that this could effect us, thought it was worthy to bring up. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Why would the Giants trade OBJ if they're going to get their next franchise quarterback? Is he that much of a distraction? They also just give him a new deal.

Honestly, beats me. I haven't understood the OBJ trade chatter for the last 2 years. I don't get it at all. Especially when eventually they are going to be moving on to a rookie deal quarterback at some point - that's when you can pay luxury resources like a #1 wide receiver. But the talk just won't go away. 

38 minutes ago, Forge said:
40 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think that a lot of them are joking around with it (honestly, several of them don't even want him it seems like lol). I think they're just going off the scuttle that there's been some conversations back and forth, Cleveland has Landry and OBJ former receiver coach on staff, I believe....just a lot of middling circumstantial stuff. I don't think it'll be anything near that big, but obviously given that this could effect us, thought it was worthy to bring up. 

Hey don't speak for us, we already won the Super Bowl, evidently. Okay, yeah we probably don't believe rumors any more than anyone else this time of year. I also don't understand why OBJ would be on the market and I'm not sold that he is.

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

That would be a good old fashioned blockbuster right there. 

Let’s see it! Then AZ trade away Rosen and also trade away the number 1 pick to the Raiders who then take Murray after dealing Carr. Let’s get crazy, I’m not being sarcastic either, I want to see the NFL start making some big time moves in the offseason again like it was back in the old days.

Edited by Fureys49ers
  • Like 1

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

Let’s see it! Then AZ trade away Rosen and also trade away the number 1 pick to the Raiders who then take Murray after dealing Carr. Let’s get crazy

NFL offseason done NBA style. Love it. 

• Like 2