Week 4: Chucky v. Bakermania

ReggieCamp

Who you got?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m rooting for the Browns this year, heck at work they always have Redzone and we were all going nuts during the Saints and Steelers games. 

However.. I’ve never seen a forum go from super humble to super cocky in the span of a few weeks. I see most are calling this a lock and also predicting Browns by two scores. It’s hard to beat any team by two scores on the road.. even for a playoff caliber team. 

I also think you guys are underestimating Oakland. Sure, they are nothing special this year, but they are still probably a seven win football team who can compete any given Sunday. We lost at home to the best team in football, the Rams. On the road to Denver last second who have been virtually unbeatable at home in September the past 15 years or so. And on the road to Miami in the final minute who are the 3-0 and looking like a possible 10 win team this year. 

I’ll stand by my Raider 24-21 prediction and 50/50 game. I wish you guys the best of luck, no injuries, and really looking forward to watching Baker Mayfield. Looks like a real special talent so far. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

oak has one of the worst defenses in the game with a terrible pass rush
cle has one of the best defenses in the league and has been holding teams to 14 pts less than their avg

if antonio brown and michael thomas didnt absolutely cripple us, im not entirely too worried about amari cooper.

its been about our qb for the last three years.  if you cant pass they dont have to respect it so they stop the run.  baker instantly takes this away due to the fact that he's accurate, makes quick reads and throws to the middle of the field.  carlos hyde showed just how monstrous he can be with some space.  if oak cant slow baker down (3 in 3 games) they're screwed unless baker messes up.  i dont think he will.

I've been a huge fan of Carr with his distribution, pre snap recog and gettin the ball out fast. Not a player to underestimate when facing. Baker's first showing displayed a lot of the same skills. Not sure how they compare in terms of accuracy.

Mack shouldve just kept playing. With conley in the fold i think they wouldve done well.

Lynch will boost effectiveness. Baker should do well. 

I think this game will come down to turnovers and Myles or Ward will most likely be able to have a chance themselves or help someone else get a TO. On the flip side a rookie mistake by Baker or ST could even it out. Kicking game...

Gonna be a close one. 

24 all heading into OT...

54 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m rooting for the Browns this year, heck at work they always have Redzone and we were all going nuts during the Saints and Steelers games. 

However.. I’ve never seen a forum go from super humble to super cocky in the span of a few weeks. I see most are calling this a lock and also predicting Browns by two scores. It’s hard to beat any team by two scores on the road.. even for a playoff caliber team like the Browns. 

I will go on record in saying I've never been cocky. 

This game is a lock: Browns 31 to Raiders 7.

56 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ll stand by my Raider 24-21 prediction and 50/50 game. I wish you guys the best of luck, no injuries, and really looking forward to watching Baker Mayfield. Looks like a real special talent so far. 

Good luck to you as well. You're gonna need it.

22 minutes ago, matt27j said:

I've been a huge fan of Carr with his distribution, pre snap recog and gettin the ball out fast. Not a player to underestimate when facing. Baker's first showing displayed a lot of the same skills. Not sure how they compare in terms of accuracy.

Mack shouldve just kept playing. With conley in the fold i think they wouldve done well.

Lynch will boost effectiveness. Baker should do well. 

I think this game will come down to turnovers and Myles or Ward will most likely be able to have a chance themselves or help someone else get a TO. On the flip side a rookie mistake by Baker or ST could even it out. Kicking game...

Gonna be a close one. 

24 all heading into OT...

You made some good points, but our d hasn't given up more than 21, and that was without ogbah, probably more like 17-17 heading In to ot

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

However.. I’ve never seen a forum go from super humble to super cocky in the span of a few weeks. I see most are calling this a lock and also predicting Browns by two scores. It’s hard to beat any team by two scores on the road.. even for a playoff caliber team. 

I also think you guys are underestimating Oakland. Sure, they are nothing special this year, but they are still probably a seven win football team who can compete any given Sunday. We lost at home to the best team in football, the Rams. On the road to Denver last second who have been virtually unbeatable at home in September the past 15 years or so. And on the road to Miami in the final minute who are the 3-0 and looking like a possible 10 win team this year. 

The one thing that is giving the Browns hope is the defense. The defense looks for real and they have a stud in Garrett that can be a massive game changer. He is a player they haven’t had in a long time. What’s even better, the type of player Garrett is, Ward is turning into it as well but for the secondary. He has shown the past 3 weeks he can play with the very best but that he is a ball hawk. He just  makes plays so far. 

Team and fans have even more confidence now that baker is the QB. He truly won’t have to be asked to do much because of the defense. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Its about the defenses for both teams. I’m biased, but I feel Cleveland’s defense is significantly better than Oakland’s.

Both offenses are a wash heading into this game and I’ve been a HUGE Carr fan.

Very good point largo. I have a lot of confidence in our defense with myles, ogun, ward, and peppers as basically the nick lb and sure tackler. If anything peppers helps us out guarding te's which was a major weakness. 

All this being said, opposing teams arent going to be taking it easy now heading into the matchup.

The only thing I'm certain of is that Myles and Landry are going to get theirs. If they get too much attention someone else will especially with williams and haley running things. This alone almost guarantees we have a shot every game with decent qb play.

What Im almost as certain of is that callaway is ready to break out any game now.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Oh yeah?  Well your mother wears high ankle foot attire that is used for soldiers in combat duty. 

Young team still learning how to win games, coming off an emotional high, and a cross country road trip. I honestly smell a huge let down week and reality check.

Baker Mayfield does some good things and still looks like a sure fire future franchise QB but makes some rookie QB mistakes that cost us.

Defense still plays well, we still get to the QB multiple times and force turnovers, but the special teams spoils it yet again. Honestly the new kicker(can't even think of his name) was kicking it down right awful on Thursday. When it comes to kicking some times you get lucky and some times you get unlucky. I think Zane Gonzalez was having some things go against him and his confidence started taking him down even more. With the new guy I feel like he was a far worse kicker who had luck on his side for a night. I do not anticipate him getting any better. I could very well see us losing another game this Sunday do to our kicker.

11 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Young team still learning how to win games, coming off an emotional high, and a cross country road trip. I honestly smell a huge let down week and reality check.

Baker Mayfield does some good things and still looks like a sure fire future franchise QB but makes some rookie QB mistakes that cost us.

Defense still plays well, we still get to the QB multiple times and force turnovers, but the special teams spoils it yet again. Honestly the new kicker(can't even think of his name) was kicking it down right awful on Thursday. When it comes to kicking some times you get lucky and some times you get unlucky. I think Zane Gonzalez was having some things go against him and his confidence started taking him down even more. With the new guy I feel like he was a far worse kicker who had luck on his side for a night. I do not anticipate him getting any better. I could very well see us losing another game this Sunday do to our kicker.

Still dont understand why they didnt sign Cairo Santos for Kicker. He has legit NFL experience and was the previous kicker on Dorseys Cheifs.

The new guy played at FAU where its 90 degrees all year round, wasnt even greatly accurate and has never kicked before in the NFL in his life. I have no idea why or what the hell they saw in him.

39 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Still dont understand why they didnt sign Cairo Santos for Kicker. He has legit NFL experience and was the previous kicker on Dorseys Cheifs.

The new guy played at FAU where its 90 degrees all year round, wasnt even greatly accurate and has never kicked before in the NFL in his life. I have no idea why or what the hell they saw in him.

Browns just had one of the best college kickers of all time and he struggled mightily. 

Santos also wasnt signed by other teams who needed kickers and had higher playoff aspirations than the Browns. 

Archived