Week 4: Chucky v. Bakermania

ReggieCamp

Who you got?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

@TheeRealDeal

I was on board with Goff, as he was an accurate passer, apparently hue liked him (when I liked hue). 

I was never for Wentz, 2nd division, injuries... I'm still not sold on Wentz.

This draft I was leaning towards Nelson at 4 if we couldn't trade down. I though ward would be more impactful early if good, but nelson likely plays 2-3 more elite years than a corner. Nelson was a popular idea here.

11 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Anyone who is saying they clearly saw Goff or Wentz as a franchise QB is flat out lying. I remember that year pretty well and the board was very meh on the QBs at the top.  If I had to call a winner I would say Wentz had more fans than Goff too. Everyone always wants to look back and say they saw it coming much like a lot of what I have been reading about Denzel Ward and everyone knowing he was going to be good back in blah blah blah. I distinctly remember a bunch of anti Ward comments when I first logged on and had him as my Top target for #4. Matter of fact I believe LGB was the only one remotely on board with the idea and labeled him his dark horse for #4. I remember the too small comments, can't defender AJ Green, Hopkins, Evans of the world comments all draft season long. I really really really remember a huge backlash when we took him over Bradley Chubb.

I also see a lot more Baker Mayfield I told you soers on here than I remember in his corner draft season and especially on draft day.

Dudes. It is the NFL draft everyone is wrong more than they are right including professional football guys who have 100% access to these prospects medicals, interviews, coaches ect that we don't get to see.

Go back and read my posts ?

9 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Go back and read my posts ?

Same. I was big on Goff and Wentz. I thought Wentz had more upside, but was the riskier pick. That's why I was ultimately cool with a trade down, especially since the Rams traded up to in front of us to grab Goff.

23 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Same. I was big on Goff and Wentz. I thought Wentz had more upside, but was the riskier pick. That's why I was ultimately cool with a trade down, especially since the Rams traded up to in front of us to grab Goff.

Yeah, I wanted Goff. But I liked Wentz a ton too. With where we were in the rebuild, I was fine with trading down, but I wouldn't have been ticked if we stayed there and took Wentz either.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I was pissed when we passed on Wentz. I said right after we passed on him we’d regret it like we did toothlessberger. 

Fast forward to now where it just may work out in the end if Mayfield is a franchise guy. 

2 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I am currently the high scorer in my league by almost 100 points and I am still somehow 0-3. I have been the 2nd highest scoring team every week and still lost to someone who had a couple players completely T off on the fantasy front and now I am looking a big hole in the face for this week with Goff and Theilan's performance last night.

Makes it worse is it’s Newtons bye week and so I’m going with Eli Manning this week. No chance!

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If he was going to be available at 2 in that draft I think we would of taken him.

I love goff, I rate him as better than Wentz.

If this were true, they wouldn’t have traded out of #2 until draft night. Remember, no one knew who the Rams we’re taking. Philly traded up because they would have been happy with either Goff or Wentz. 

9 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

The browns should kick the tires on trading for Phil Dawson. Would be a huge move for the fans and we need someone reliable. We could literally probably offer a 7th Rounder in 2020 conditional that we make the super bowl or something dumb. Arizona can't cross the 50 so they won't care.

As much as I love Phil Dawson's place as one of the bright spots in a dim generation of Browns history, I think that ship has sailed.  

If we don't beat the Raiders I will cry. I'm not even sure what the redeeming qualities of this team are anymore. They seem to have terrible everything, except interior OL and QB, where they are just slightly above average (QB) and good (OL). Our DL is better than their OL, which cancels that out. And I'm not sure they have any dangerous WR's anymore with how quickly Amari Cooper has fallen off.

Browns will be 2-1-1 (should be 4-0) after our first 4 games. That's pretty darn good if you ask me.

Some of you guys are losing your minds.  Winning a road game in the NFL is tough to do.  Oakland's been in every game, and they're desperate and hungry for a win.  And what do close games often come down to?  Special teams.  Yikes.

I'm not saying we can't win, but assuming victory is CRAZY.

6 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Some of you guys are losing your minds.  Winning a road game in the NFL is tough to do.  Oakland's been in every game, and they're desperate and hungry for a win.  And what do close games often come down to?  Special teams.  Yikes.

Who would have thought that hiring a decent special teams coach was so daggone difficult? But Amos Jones is what you get when your head coach suffers from taboritis.

1 minute ago, ReggieCamp said:

I'm not assuming victory though, I'm guaranteeing it. It may be a come from behind 1 point victory but it will be a win. If by chance it isn't, as a fan of the Browns I was expected to predict a Browns win so there will be no repercussions.

If Baker is going to take us anywhere this would be a good start for him. The Lions just beat the Patriots so anything can happen but it certainly feels like we should be ready for this game even though it is on the road. I expect the team to expect to win and I will send my own vibes for that same outcome.

It's been a long time since we had a game we didn't have to worry about losing late in the game. I'm ready for one of those.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm not assuming victory though, I'm guaranteeing it. It may be a come from behind 1 point victory but it will be a win. If by chance it isn't, as a fan of the Browns I was expected to predict a Browns win so there will be no repercussions.

If Baker is going to take us anywhere this would be a good start for him. The Lions just beat the Patriots so anything can happen but it certainly feels like we should be ready for this game even though it is on the road. I expect the team to expect to win and I will send my own vibes for that same outcome.

It's been a long time since we had a game we didn't have to worry about losing late in the game. I'm ready for one of those.

That's the way to bring it strong to the forums! I am not disagreeing with yours or Reggie's POV - I am just impressed with how you planted your flag in the ground.......

Just like Baker.

Archived