Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, I hated it. Don't get how anyone liked it.

The only things I liked about it was 1) the initial Mandarin "terrorist" videos and 2) how Mandarin (in the Ben Kingsley sense) turned out to be a total facade.  Yes, Mandarin is an iconic Ironman villain, but he's considerably easier to present on the page than he would have been on the screen (magic rings and what not), particularly given that there would inevitably have been comparisons to Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, BroncosFan2010 said:

Jesus Christ stop it with these remakes already. You would think the internet and social media age would expand ideas but its pretty clear that's not the case.

They literally DID stop The Crow remake...

And Spawn is being written and directed by the original author with a completely different plot and tone. 

Remakes are not a bad thing.  If a movie had a great premise but was poorly realized, or if it has become dated, remaking it is a good thing.  It's poor realization of remakes that I get upset about, not the fact that something is remade. 

• Like 1