Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

I love how nobody has realized that the irony of rebooting Robocop again is that it proves out the point of corporate blandness that would overrun the culture from the first Robocop movie lol. 

But of course that would mean studios care about this **** as art and not products to **** out to hit a "franchise" quota based on the IP rights so that they can justify ownership on a spreadsheet. 

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I love how nobody has realized that the irony of rebooting Robocop again is that it proves out the point of corporate blandness that would overrun the culture from the first Robocop movie lol. 

But of course that would mean studios care about this **** as art and not products to **** out to hit a "franchise" quota based on the IP rights so that they can justify ownership on a spreadsheet. 

I don't get why everybody loves Neil Blomkamp.  District 9 was not a profound nor groundbreaking movie.  It was a decent movie that surprised based on its budget.

Elysium was crap. 
Chappie was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. 

I also don't know why there's such an obsession with RoboCop. 

The suit is stupid.
The dialogue is stupid.
The plot is stupid.

I never cared much for the entire RoboCop franchise, and the only good, memorable part about any of the movies to me is when the guy gets melted by toxic waste. 

On 8/17/2019 at 9:56 AM, Outpost31 said:

I don't get why everybody loves Neil Blomkamp.  District 9 was not a profound nor groundbreaking movie.  It was a decent movie that surprised based on its budget.

Elysium was crap. 
Chappie was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. 

I also don't know why there's such an obsession with RoboCop. 

The suit is stupid.
The dialogue is stupid.
The plot is stupid.

I never cared much for the entire RoboCop franchise, and the only good, memorable part about any of the movies to me is when the guy gets melted by toxic waste. 

And Murphy getting his arm blown off, and a rapist getting shot in the d!ck, and the ED 209 malfunctioning and pumping Kinney full of lead, and the drug factory raid.

Of course, that all went out the window in the bland 2014 remake since everything that made the original so memorable and cherished was due to its hard R rating (that had to be toned down just to avoid an X rating) and extreme violence is literally part of its story. It didn't work for Terminator, Total Recall, Prom Night and AvP, what made Sony think it would work for RoboCop? 

Seriously, 20 chest shots and a bullet to the head got replaced with a car bomb, lol. And the closest we get to a heist in the whole movie is a guy wanted for murder, arson and rape showing up at the RoboCop presentation like a dumbass. And training sims.

Edited by KManX89

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

And Murphy getting his arm blown off, and a rapist getting shot in the d!ck, and the ED 209 malfunctioning and pumping Kinney full of lead, and the drug factory raid.

Of course, that all went out the window in the bland 2014 remake since everything that made the original so memorable and cherished was due to its hard R rating (that had to be toned down just to avoid an X rating) and extreme violence is literally part of its story. It didn't work for Terminator, Total Recall, Prom Night and AvP, what made Sony think it would work for RoboCop? 

Seriously, 20 chest shots and a bullet to the head got replaced with a car bomb, lol. And the closest we get to a heist in the whole movie is a guy wanted for murder, arson and rape showing up at the RoboCop presentation like a dumbass. And training sims.

I still can't believe my dad let me watch that when I was 10. Don't know what he was thinking haha. 

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Underwater actually looks like it could be decent.  Billed as The Abyss meets Alien, and I’m definitely looking forward to it.  It will probably suck, but I could be surprised.

If we just skip over the whole structure 7 miles down and being able to walk in the space suits and not get crushed by the pressure. Sure

Just now, Fresh Prince said:

If we just skip over the whole structure 7 miles down and being able to walk in the space suits and not get crushed by the pressure. Sure

For ****'s sake, that is the entire premise of the movie.  Those are the rules of the movie.  Do you go into Pinocchio ridiculing a puppet being able to talk and turn into a real boy? 

The premise of Harry Potter is that people can make magic come out of a ****ing stick and put a ****ing city in a tent without it weighing anything and nobody gives that show any grief. 

A movie tries to make a premise of scientific advancement in deep sea exploration and everybody loses their ****ing mind. 

On 8/16/2019 at 10:44 PM, KManX89 said:

Well that sucks. Neill Blomkamp's style would be perfect for RoboCop. Hopefully whoever they sign on to replace him will do it justice.

I hope whatever he's working on now will be good as well. 

Bleh, nothing will live up to the 1987 gem. Not in this day and age.