Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Don't they also throw in the bottom of the barrel D1 football too?  Like Temple vs. East Carolina?

Yeah. I checked the schedule for week 1 and theres a number of games. I think Syracuse is one game. They are playing Eastern West North Dakota or something like that.

I do have ESPN+ and I watched it a lot in the spring for college baseball and major league rugby but there isnt anything on there currently that I want to watch.

Netflix sucks. I'm only keeping it until I binge Mindhunters season 2 and, whenever it gets released, Atypical season 3. I spend more time searching for things to watch than I actually do watching Netflix. They completely lost me when they cancelled Santa Clarita Diet.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Netflix sucks. I'm only keeping it until I binge Mindhunters season 2 and, whenever it gets released, Atypical season 3. I spend more time searching for things to watch than I actually do watching Netflix. They completely lost me when they cancelled Santa Clarita Diet.

I was so bummed when they cancelled SCD. It was hilarious. OITNB is over. They have maybe one or two good series now remaining and I’m having a hard time justifying the $15 a month for it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D82 said:

I was so bummed when they cancelled SCD. It was hilarious. OITNB is over. They have maybe one or two good series now remaining and I’m having a hard time justifying the $15 a month for it.

SCD was the funniest show on TV. Should've, at least, given us one more season to wrap it all up. Can't leave on THAT type of cliffhanger.

• Like 1

I think Netflix is leaning hard into kids programming because my kids find crap they enjoy all the time on there.  It's usually good for 1-2 movies a month for me (watched Inglourious Basterds a couple days ago), and the occasional series watch.  Started up Cheers again currently when I have the time (which isn't that often).

Edited by THE DUKE

On 8/13/2019 at 5:36 AM, D82 said:

So will ESPN+ include NFL games? If so, screw Netflix.

ESPN/ABC are only contracts with the NFL for one game a week (Monday), so I can't see where they'd get gameS beyond that.  That said, I believe the league is in-process on negotiating the new media deal (old one expires next year, I think), so we'll see how much of a push Disney/ESPN makes for a larger piece of the pie.  But FOX isn't giving up what it's got.  Maybe... maybe the price gets too high for CBS/Viacom, but I doubt it, and they have their own streaming service.  NBC will be interesting to see.

Well that sucks. Neill Blomkamp's style would be perfect for RoboCop. Hopefully whoever they sign on to replace him will do it justice.

I hope whatever he's working on now will be good as well. 

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1