Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

On 1/12/2024 at 5:09 AM, Malfatron said:

They could always to a prequel to "Years" next

I havent watched any of these, maybe i should i dunno

If you like zombie stuff, the original is fantastic and definitely one of my favorites. Also enjoyed the 2nd but not as much as the first. Got introduced to Cillian Murphy with that movie. 

On 1/13/2024 at 5:03 PM, Malfatron said:

Excorist crap so overdone

The first one worked because of good writing with dramatic elements

The first one worked because it was THE first one. From there it became a matter of oversaturation with possession in general. From The Exorcist, no new ground has been made in the possession genre. And they always stick to the same basic script. Keep a possessed person in a bed and they say mean things in a scary voice.

I have not seen a possession movie to do anything new since The Exorcist.

The two possession movies that came close to something new have been the ones that have taken the possession out of the bedroom and onto the streets. The Exorcist 3 perfectly blended the neo noire detective story with possession, and Fallen did the same thing (with a lot less of a horror angle and leaning more into the detective aspect) with a new twist of the possession being more like a plague.

Otherwise, I can't think of a single movie that did anything new or tried to tread new ground.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I almost watched Exorcist: Believer, but then I watched the scene preview and it was so cringey I skipped it.

Husband and I got bored and watched it, (though I knew it would be awful)...and it was indeed awful

I think JP films could be interesting again if they embraced horror/thriller/practical elements of the book/original film instead of throwing bloated CGI over everything. I feel the same about the terminator franchise.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I think JP films could be interesting again if they embraced horror/thriller/practical elements of the book/original film instead of throwing bloated CGI over everything. I feel the same about the terminator franchise.

If they went straight horror with it, made it R, they may have something.

• Like 2