Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

31 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Have I missed it or is everybody here ignoring the Alien: Romulus teaser and instead talking about Sims and The Office like a girl?

Don’t have much to add, but sure we can talk about the Harold and the Purple Crayon movie if you want…

What do you think he’s gonna draw with that purple crayon?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Don’t have much to add, but sure we can talk about the Harold and the Purple Crayon movie if you want…

Barney

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

You shut your dang mouth.

The best way to get the best adaptations from beloved classics is from writers/directors who were inspired by and influenced by the originals.

Half the garbage out there as far as remakes, reboots and sequels was written and directed by people who found things problematic with the source material.

Then you’ve got the old hands who are so out of touch with modern audiences and their own material they end up writing pretentious drivel.

Ridley Scott had the great idea of eliminating aliens from his Alien reboot.

Fede is a devoted fan who will bring the gore, the claustrophobia and the alien action all at once combining the best of Alien and Aliens into the first worthy addition to the Alien franchise since Aliens.

That or yeah it could suck.

5 hours ago, MacReady said:

Have I missed it or is everybody here ignoring the Alien: Romulus teaser and instead talking about Sims and The Office like a girl?

I'm excited.

It has that same feel of Alien. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'll definitely watch it but for some reason, I'm not thrilled about this

Ughh....most sequels to classic comedies are usually nowhere close to the original in terms of quality.   If youre lucky, you get something at least decent, but usually not.

And sequels to classic comedies that come out LONG after the original are usually absolute trainwrecks (Dumb and Dumber Too, Zoolander 2, Super Troopers 2, etc....)

Doesn't help that Sandler's comedy has actually DEVOLVED.

I think this COULD HAVE worked back in the mid to late 2000s.     With Carl Weathers sadly gone and how far Sandler has fallen, I cant see this working.    Feels like another nostalgic cash grab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Ughh....most sequels to classic comedies are usually nowhere close to the original in terms of quality.   If youre lucky, you get something at least decent, but usually not.

And sequels to classic comedies that come out LONG after the original are usually absolute trainwrecks (Dumb and Dumber Too, Zoolander 2, Super Troopers 2, etc....)

I think this COULD HAVE worked back in the mid to late 2000s.     With Carl Weathers sadly gone and how far Sandler has fallen, I cant see this working.    Feels like another nostalgic cash grab.

Agreed there just isn’t a need for this at all. 15-20 years ago maybe

• Like 2

On 3/22/2024 at 6:30 AM, Kiltman said:

I laughed way harder at this than I should have. It's just the perfect response to him.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 6:56 PM, 43M said:

Chubbs died in the original.  I don't know how big of a role an aged Carl Weathers would've played in the sequel anyway.  Couldn't have been much more than a fanservice cameo.  

3 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Chubbs died in the original.  I don't know how big of a role an aged Carl Weathers would've played in the sequel anyway.  Couldn't have been much more than a fanservice cameo.  

Not sure how I forgot he died in that.

Either way,  it doesn't make a difference.    Its still a terrible idea.

The only idea I can think of is that Sandler plays the role of mentor this time.

On 3/22/2024 at 6:34 PM, thrILL! said:

heck yeah

The trailer passed the nostalgia test.

Still super SUPER skeptical.

It’s damn near impossible to catch the tone of something from ten years ago much less nearly 40 years ago.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 9:55 AM, 43M said:

Not sure how I forgot he died in that.

Either way,  it doesn't make a difference.    Its still a terrible idea.

The only idea I can think of is that Sandler plays the role of mentor this time.

Make it about disc golf instead to mix it up

• Like 1