Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

it is?

Oh god am I opening another can'o'worms

Im not getting into a big discussion over it.    To me, it just feels like one big cash grab along with how EA uses the NFL football license....or hell, any major license they get their hands on.    All style....very little substance.

And for the record, I dont think everything theyve done with the license is terrible, I just think they are trending downwards with the direction they are taking things.   

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Im not getting into a big discussion over it.    To me, it just feels like one big cash grab along with how EA uses the NFL football license....or hell, any major license they get their hands on.    All style....very little substance.

And for the record, I dont think everything theyve done with the license is terrible, I just think they are trending downwards with the direction they are taking things.   

I have faith in the Mandalorian series. I know only a small small minority care, but the Star Wars comics have been GREAT. Doctor Aphra is my favorite original character stemming from EU both old and new. 

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Mortal Engines absolutely bombed this weekend with $7.5 million domestic.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/12/mortal-engines-box-office-disaster-lose-universal-150-million-1202028576/ 

peter jackson has been one of my most disappointing directors this decade for me

dude went from making groundbreaking visual films in LOTR and king kong to CGI slop in the hobbit and now this

On 12/11/2018 at 6:58 PM, seminoles1 said:

Currently at 96% after 28 reviews.

It's amazing how good a Transformers film can be if Michael Bay isn't directing. Hell, the Transformers actually look like the Transformers we know and love from the cartoons.

He's still attached as a producer, though.