Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

49 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

I don't know who at that trailer company thought cutting the trailer like this was a good idea but they need to never work with them again because holy hell.

If this is a thematic representation of the film we're getting than the preceding two years worth of marketing has all literally been lies.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I don't know who at that trailer company thought cutting the trailer like this was a good idea but they need to never work with them again because holy hell.

If this is a thematic representation of the film we're getting than the preceding two years worth of marketing has all literally been lies.

did the director say this film was going to be darker than the del toro films? trailer made this look like a dollar store version of his films lol also read that this got bad reaction from test screenings

Just now, August4th said:

did the director say this film was going to be darker than the del toro films? trailer made this look like a dollar store version of his films lol also read that this got bad reaction from test screenings

They've said since they announced the project that it was going to hew much closer to the comics style and tone rather than the distinctly Del Toro aesthetic of the previous films. The comics have levity and are lighthearted at points but this straight up looks like it's a buddy cop action comedy.

50 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

They've said since they announced the project that it was going to hew much closer to the comics style and tone rather than the distinctly Del Toro aesthetic of the previous films. The comics have levity and are lighthearted at points but this straight up looks like it's a buddy cop action comedy.

Yeah it was not what I was expecting at all hopefully it's just because the trailer was done poorly. Wish ron could still play hellboy.

10 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This looks like they hired the guy from Thor: Ragnorak.

And if they were going the comedy route then they should have just kept Ron Perlman.