2017 Preseason GDT Week 2 Browns and Giants

Bucketheadsdad

2 minutes ago, EL Brownso said:

Agreed.  The team that was out there yesterday was undisciplined.  But that was only about 50-60% of the guys who will start.  Things will be different when he has a brick wall in front of him and a Crow behind him.

I already know the theme of this year, teams are going to pack the box until we can beat them deep and force the safeties to stay back

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I already know the theme of this year, teams are going to pack the box until we can beat them deep and force the safeties to stay back

I think that will be the theme regardless of who is behind center.  I know Kizer sitting would be ideal, but he is the only one who is willing to send the ball downfield.  He does so efficiently.  Regardless of who starts I still feel they will be better than last year, by a mile.

Here's a point that's kinda been kicking around in the ole noggin today... we don't need to fear that Kizer starting week one will be certain death.

When Carson Wentz was declared the starter last year, he was coming off a cracked rib and had only played one preseason game in Week 1. He may have not shown a lot, or certainly enough to make anyone overly confident, but after dealing away Bradford there really wasn't any other realistic choice, so they made the call and that was that. Granted, his first game was against Cleveland and not Pittsburgh like Kizer would face this year, but that doesn't mean our defensive players wanted to plant him on his butt any less or Ray Horton wanted to take it any easier on him. And despite his ups and downs, Wentz did persevere (enough) and showed that he deserved to be the franchise's guy moving forward. That's the mentality we should have with Deshone - if Kizer is believed to have potential to be "the guy", then stop viewing Osweiler as a crutch and let the kid show what he's got. As long as you trust Hue to be able to put him in a position to win, the cream will rise to the top and he'll show enough or he'll fail and he'll be a known quantity. 

54 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

i.e. Complementary football, like what happened last night. The only problem is, we are way too undisciplined right now, at least on offense.

Exaxtly we need our offense to jel and build chemistry before we put Kizer out there. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How can you jell when you're going 3 and out or throwing picks every drive?

More so I mean the o line, running backs, and receivers. We really need to get our players roles defined especially on the offensive line that's the area I think has the most potential to solidify itself for Kizer before we throw him out there. 

I want our o line and backs on the same page before we throw him out there 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How can you jell when you're going 3 and out or throwing picks every drive?

I don't know how an offense would gel without the centerpiece of the offense.  The QB is the most important part of the offense.  Not a plug and play piece.  The offense needs to gel with him and not without him.  I think the offense is in the best shape since coming back to the league to let a young signal caller succeed. 

Just now, brownie man said:

More so I mean the o line, running backs, and receivers. We really need to get our players roles defined especially on the offensive line that's the area I think has the most potential to solidify itself for Kizer before we throw him out there. 

I want our o line and backs on the same page before we throw him out there 

They had all last year to jell. There's a few new guys on the team but the majority were here last year. This isn't a brand new team. 

Just now, EL Brownso said:

I don't know how an offense would gel without the centerpiece of the offense.  The QB is the most important part of the offense.  Not a plug and play piece.  The offense needs to gel with him and not without him.  I think the offense is in the best shape since coming back to the league to let a young signal caller succeed. 

especially with a full compliment of our offensive linemen. thomas, Bitonio, Tretter, Heitler, Coleman will do a lot better at protecting the QB> 

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

If thats the theme, than Kizer has to be the QB. He is the only one on the roster who can actually hit a deep ball or be close enough to hit the deep ball. Kessler cant throw it 20 yards and Brock cant come within 20yards of throwing it near a WR

Osweiler is meant to be he best QB pre snap with alignments, calling the ply and identyfing what is going on. In turn Browns fashion he is the worst after it. 

If we want to win it has to be Kizer to play. He has the best arm, the best mobility, though his hunger for contact needs to be curbed. 

Archived