2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Kind of a dumb article saying that the Yankees "don't have a spot" for Machado...but DO have a spot for Harper?  I mean...really?  One, Andujar to first or traded.  I guess we could also trade Stanton which there have been whispers of?  But...to whom?  Unless the Yankees are eating salary?  I guess there's also the possibility of signing Harper to play first (or getting Stanton to?)

Anyway.  The Yankees haven't made any huge signings since what, 2009?  I'm not really holding my breath on any 10 year deals coming from the Yankees.

59 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Seems like a reasonable deal for both teams. 

Brewers get a quality 4th OF with service time and an option.

Mariners gamble on Santana's upside. He'll have a couple years to prove himself with a lot of AB's on a bad team.

30% K guy that has gotten by on a high BABIP. Knowing what a Mariners uniform does to players BABIP, he will probably bottom out really hard. 

Ladies and Gents gonna be mad Guns Gamel is gone.

20 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

A's get Profar. Wonder what that means for Baretto. A's also signed Soria. 

Maybe a trade for some pitching because the current rotation consists of a bunch of Triple-A arms. They need more than Mengden, Bassitt, and Montas to build off a 97 win campaign. They also can't or shouldn't rely on young arms coming off injuries in Cotton, Puk, and Luzardo, so trading Barrato makes some sense.

The A's could also look at trading from their depth in OF for some pitching help and slide Baretto to the OF or Platoon him with Profar. A Baretto/Fowler or Pinder/Fowler platoon in left could mean the A's move on from Canha.

Archived