2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's not as good, but he's not that much worse. Thought he'd get like 3/$45MM. I'd rather have him and $9MM in this stupid, no-teams-are-trying market than Grandal tbh.

I wouldn't. We needed Grandal more than we need Ottavino. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Sounds like Sonny Gray is about to be traded somewhere.  Could just be reporters stirring the pot for clicks though.

Timing makes me think Gray will move for minor leaguers to clear roster space or he moves with a reliever 

On 1/16/2019 at 5:17 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Still shocking that people think players should be getting 10 year deals. Dude was offered 175 million but thats lowballing? 

He’s 26 he’s a hall of famer

I mean years are whatever but come on.  $25m?  You’re gonna pay him less than Cespedes and Heyward got?

This is like if Giannis were a free agent and no one wanted to give him a max deal

22 hours ago, pwny said:

I don’t disagree. But when there’s three different claims on what the White Sox offered; between this 7 year, $150M deal, the reported 8 year deal, and the other 7 year deal that’s in excess of $200M, I’d tend to believe the agent that the info is false. 

Eh the 7/175 came from multiple very well connected reporters and was specific.  The 8 year deal and more than $200 million were much less specific.  

Wouldnt believe everything you read but Lozano has every reason to lie.

3 hours ago, mission27 said:

He’s 26 he’s a hall of famer

I mean years are whatever but come on.  $25m?  You’re gonna pay him less than Cespedes and Heyward got?

This is like if Giannis were a free agent and no one wanted to give him a max deal

Giannis is Trout.  Harper and Machado are in completely different tiers than that.

Btw why aren’t the Dodgers being called cheap??

Archived