Chiefs-Jaguars Predictions

DigInBoys

It's the fastest offense in the NFL vs the fastest defense in the NFL. Crazy amounts of speed on the field at one time. 

I predict mahomes throws his first interception, and that it gets ran back for a touchdown. My money is on telvin Smith to be the guy. It will be one of those times where mahomes is flushed from the pocket and trys to throw across the middle and telvin undercuts it. 

I think Andy Reid will come up with ways to put immense pressure on the jags zone concepts. He will send 4 guys vertical against their cover three and I think he will do some overload combo routes to one side of the field that will have some guys covering air while other defenders will have to choose between different guys to cover. 

The niners killed the jags last year with misdirection and I think the jet sweeps going one way with a screen the other way or an off tackle power to the other side will be effective. All of that motion and misdirection will be an attempt to slow the jags linebackers down.  

I expect Ramsey to be shadowing kelce for a large part of the game. 

Last week Reid showed that he can stick to the run game, I expect him to try to establish the run early as a way to open up the back end and soften up the jags zone with play action later on

I also think the cheifs defense will force a turnover or two as well. Maybe a sack fumble. I liked what their edge rushers did last week and I think their secondary has been playing better as the season has gone on. 

I'm glad my team isn't playing at the same time so that I will be able to watch this one. It's going to be an absolute dog fight, and I actually anticipate a much higher scoring game than people might expect.

Going to be a lot of fun. 

Chiefs are on a shorter week?

JAX defense is very quick, but I actually think Mahomes' decision making and release is even quicker. I believe he'll put points up, again. Unfortunately for them, their D cannot tip the balance in their favor, and both JAX' defense and offense will do just about enough to win. If Bortles plays like he did vs us, then it may even be a comfortable victory. 

However, an interesting sub plot, Chiefs massacred LAC and SF's defenses. Those two defenses are run by former Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley and former Jaguars linebacker coach Robert Salah. Both run defenses very similar to what the Jaguars run under defensive coordinator Todd Wash, who was the coordinator under Bradley. I still think JAX will have too much though.

J - 24

KC - 21

Think this will go down as the game of the year - KC is tough at home in off years, so that crowd will probably set another noise record this week. But that Jags D feeds off of that animosity, they're the villain and they LOVE it. 

Jags, 23-20.

I honestly think there are a wide range of outcomes. Our defense is good enough to stop them but their offense is good enough to take a 7 yard catch 70 for a score at any time. They/We are both incredibly quick. Missing tackles, turnovers and penalties will likely be the difference maker. I do think we can score on their defense. I think its just as likely we win by 20 and we lose by 20. Just depends on how the matchups play out, how Mahomes handles his biggest test in his career and which Blake Bortles shows up

I think because the Chiefs are likely gonna be flat after a short week following a super emotional game, the Jaguars win a low-scoring game. Jacksonville is a team you can't afford to be flat against. Plus with the Pats next week, bit of a tough spot.

Last season the Jags struggled on the road, both on offense and defense. This season I expect this massively matured team to play better. That said, the Jags struggled defensively against QBs with quick releases (Jimmy G, Tom Brady).

This game could go either way, but I'll take the Jags, who I think are the better overall team. Something like 20-17.

7 hours ago, N4L said:

It's the fastest offense in the NFL vs the fastest defense in the NFL. Crazy amounts of speed on the field at one time. 

I predict mahomes throws his first interception, and that it gets ran back for a touchdown. My money is on telvin Smith to be the guy. It will be one of those times where mahomes is flushed from the pocket and trys to throw across the middle and telvin undercuts it. 

I think Andy Reid will come up with ways to put immense pressure on the jags zone concepts. He will send 4 guys vertical against their cover three and I think he will do some overload combo routes to one side of the field that will have some guys covering air while other defenders will have to choose between different guys to cover. 

The niners killed the jags last year with misdirection and I think the jet sweeps going one way with a screen the other way or an off tackle power to the other side will be effective. All of that motion and misdirection will be an attempt to slow the jags linebackers down.  

I expect Ramsey to be shadowing kelce for a large part of the game. 

Last week Reid showed that he can stick to the run game, I expect him to try to establish the run early as a way to open up the back end and soften up the jags zone with play action later on

I also think the cheifs defense will force a turnover or two as well. Maybe a sack fumble. I liked what their edge rushers did last week and I think their secondary has been playing better as the season has gone on. 

I'm glad my team isn't playing at the same time so that I will be able to watch this one. It's going to be an absolute dog fight, and I actually anticipate a much higher scoring game than people might expect.

Going to be a lot of fun. 

It'll be Gip. Deservedly so.

6 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Jalen better back up his trash talk.

You mean Tyreek? Dude went in the media before Jalen and said "He's alright, I hope he presses me".

Not sure what he was expecting. Jalen isn't going to be quiet if someone talks at him.

Archived