GB’s and Clappers @ Houston

textaz03

17 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Dak also lacks the tools to be successful. He doesn’t have the arm talent, can’t read coverages, is too slow to make decisions, and has no pocket awareness. Yes, the coaching is terrible, but they too are limited with what they can do due to his limitations.

I can deal with his other deficiencies but its his accuracy that bothers me. His arm strength is ok, his pocket awareness hasnt come into play until this season and that is due to the poor oline play. I wouldnt say he cant read defenses. The guy is a game manager and thats all he's ever going to be. 

GB.   J Smith. Swain.  Maher

HM   LVE

clappers:    Lawrence. T Smith  Wilson Safeties coaches  Refs 

HM. Elliot  rest of OL rest of DL

20 caries 54 yards 7 rec 30 yards got a HM

how the refs can not call roughing on Watt when he hit Dak directly in the chest with the lowered crown of his helmet is beyond me.    

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I mentioned this in another thread, and I’ll say it here:

Dak is likable version of Quincy Carter. Yes, he’s Q-CAR 2.0.

Prove me wrong. I dare you. Because he won’t.

Sorry. @The_Slamman; I invoked his name.

There is a lot to compare there for sure. And those are not the years I want to relive at all!! 

GB:

The defense 19 points allowed. Jaylon Smith, LVE, A.Woods, D Ross, Crawford, Lawrence, X.Woods(mostly), 

Rough day for the DBs, as they surrender 375 yards on 44 throws. But still managed a 1:1 TD/INT ratio. Redzone D was the difference. 

This game could have been ugly. But less than 20 points allowed... You. Have. To. Win.

HM:

Rico, Jarwin, and Swaim. All 3 kinda did their part. Decent production from our TEs. Would take that every week.

SLapper:

JG and SL. Zeke. Tavon Austin. Dak. Tyron Smith. Byron Jones

Lots of "yeah buts'" In here...

JG and SL. YEAH, I thought you were being creative and had your players executed maybe you win. I loved the play calling on Daks TD pass and the 2 or 3 plays that led up to it. BUT when JJ and Clowney are getting crazy pressure late and the game is on the line, you can't call a play that takes forever to develop like a play action fake end around pass. And why go shotgun handoff on 3rd and 1 if you feel it was a "Long 1" to long in fact to even risk trying with a fullback on 4th and 1. but short enough to go shotgun on 3rd.  What? Punt.

ZEKE. Yeah I know you're hurt. And yes I believe you would have got that 3rd/4th and 1 if we lined up in a heavy set. BUT you weren't that good my man. We gave you PahLenty of touches and every opportunity to repeat your gutsy performance from last week. And you are supposed to mask SLs play calling and run design by getting that 1st out of the shotgun. Just like you did in '16, and Murray in '14. Instead you went down easy and took yourself out of the game in the final moments. You came back in and blocked well but it was hardly an Emmitt Smith figure 8 story. You may have more talent in that #21 but last night we needed #22.

Tavon Austin. I'm sick of you. I went ballistic when we released Dez and every time you come up short, and pygmy WRs always do, you spit on Dezs' grave. Gallup isn't catching Daks passes either. Guess nobody can get separation. Does Austin lead the league in drops though?

Dak. You weren't terrible. I'd like it if you were more accurate. Missing Beasley short. Underthrown to Gallup. The Rico ball was underthrown. Try to keep your eyes down field. To many times you just caved in the pocket.

Tyron Smith. You got whooped. I know it was Clowney but so much instant pressure all night run and pass.

Byron Jones. Well buddy they didn't shy away from you this time. Hopkins wants to be considered one of the best, and you are being touted as such. You weren't terrible but you need BALL SKILLZZZ. Turn around when the WRs eyes get big.

Does anyone ever mention Sanjay Lal when talking about coaching changes? All training camp long we heard about how he was a good coach and the brick carrying exercises he made the players do after practices and these receivers' hands have been pitiful all year. This entire offensive staff (except maybe Gary Brown) gets my vote for the Clapper award and needs to be gone.

GB: Defense. No excuses. 5 quarters of virtual shut down play at the goal line, takeaways, sacks etc. 1 guy makes 1 acrobatic play against 1 very tired defense. Not their fault.

HC: And I cannot believe no one has stated this yet, if you did, my bad.

THE OFFICIALS!!!! 2 drive killing plays. 1 a call and 1 a No Call.

PLEASE!!!!! Tell me what constitutes roughing the passer???? Because Watt lead with his helmet, in the chest, wrapped up, drove to the ground all after the ball was thrown. No Call. Tack on 15 and 1st and 10 in their territory.

Holding on Zeke's 2nd consecutive big gainer. WHERE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Williams pancaked the guy! He ran over him. WHERE DID HE HOLD HIM!!!???

AT that point, we have momentum, Zeke is heating up, their defense is wearing down, 3 points and the game was ours.

In either case. 

Remember, its not how many penalties or for how many yards, but WHEN the occur. That critical momentum shifting  time of the game. 

Well, the zebras cost us this one no doubt.

Dak's inabilites, play calling, blocking, dropped passes aside. We did enough to win and those 2 drive killers fudged us.

Archived