Stock Investing

rickyt31

4 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

@Shockwave what are your thoughts. Says they’re from Israel and that hype stock is from there too  CRNT.. Talk to me baby.. 

You're out there chilling on your yacht sipping Cristal asking the guy who's happy with his measly $140 in day trading profits today what he thinks lol. I think you've surpassed me at this point Rammy.

(To be honest I'm not familiar with either stock)

• Like 1

Just now, Shockwave said:

You're out there chilling on your yacht sipping Cristal asking the guy who's happy with his measly $140 in day trading profits today what he thinks lol. I think you've surpassed me at this point Rammy.

(To be honest I'm not familiar with either stock)

You’re crazy bro. Lololol.. I need a breakdown when the option calls are this inflated. What does it mean? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 13+ 20+ k 

they were cheaper but they’re flying up... 

• Like 1

Missed a crazy scalping opportunity today, I watched the kids video too late. 

INUV opened at $0.65 and peaked at $1.70 today, could've flipped $5k into $13k ($8k profit) in 2 hours. 

I'm just starting my investment journey. Does anyone have any recommendations on courses or books? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

You’re crazy bro. Lololol.. I need a breakdown when the option calls are this inflated. What does it mean? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 13+ 20+ k 

they were cheaper but they’re flying up... 

I'll take a look at them tomorrow morning. I stare at the market all day can't bring myself to watch it at night lol. I need to see the IV on them. If the implied volatility is super high then it's going to take a move more then the market is expecting to be profitable. What are you seeing for IV?

Edit: IV, Delta, Vega, and Theta are really important when it comes to option contracts. You've had some amazing success but I think it would benefit you greatly if you learned the Greeks and how they affect the pricing of contracts. 

Edited by Shockwave

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Missed a crazy scalping opportunity today, I watched the kids video too late. 

INUV opened at $0.65 and peaked at $1.70 today, could've flipped $5k into $13k ($8k profit) in 2 hours. 

I'm just starting my investment journey. Does anyone have any recommendations on courses or books? 

So you're terminology here kinda confuses me. Scalping and investing are drastically two different things. Are you trying to be a trader or an investor?

56 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I'll take a look at them tomorrow morning. I stare at the market all day can't bring myself to watch it at night lol. I need to see the IV on them. If the implied volatility is super high then it's going to take a move more then the market is expecting to be profitable. What are you seeing for IV?

Edit: IV, Delta, Vega, and Theta are really important when it comes to option contracts. You've had some amazing success but I think it would benefit you greatly if you learned the Greeks and how they affect the pricing of contracts. 

No usually I’m not asking about the Greeks lolz I’m asking about the traffic they’re getting. They’re being bought at a stupid fast crazy rate. When people are buying at that rate what does it mean? 

the 2.5$ strike price

A1-B06797-EB96-4-AFF-86-D9-BAB5-F3-FE250

431-CCE96-3-EF3-4-BE1-829-E-DBFCE5983-E4

39-D28475-E7-B7-44-A8-A397-0794-FB34-ADD

I’ve never seen so many contracts being bought.. over 10k. Does it mean everyone of those buyers are expecting this stock to pop!?

As always anything is appreciated in advance 😃 

and no Greeks are coming out for those calls... Just pops up blank.

Edited by El Ramster

12 hours ago, El Ramster said:

No usually I’m not asking about the Greeks lolz I’m asking about the traffic they’re getting. They’re being bought at a stupid fast crazy rate. When people are buying at that rate what does it mean? 

the 2.5$ strike price

A1-B06797-EB96-4-AFF-86-D9-BAB5-F3-FE250

431-CCE96-3-EF3-4-BE1-829-E-DBFCE5983-E4

39-D28475-E7-B7-44-A8-A397-0794-FB34-ADD

I’ve never seen so many contracts being bought.. over 10k. Does it mean everyone of those buyers are expecting this stock to pop!?

As always anything is appreciated in advance 😃 

and no Greeks are coming out for those calls... Just pops up blank.

OK so I'm confused. I'm looking at CEL on the TD Ameritrade option chain and it's only showing an open interest of 37 contracts for the 3-19 2.5 strike with no actual volume traded yesterday. Yahoo also shows the same numbers:
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CEL/options?date=1616112000

I don't see in your screenshots where you're getting the 10K contracts volume number? Are you referring to the +21,700% increase? Because that is showing the mid number between the bid 1.35 and the ask 3.00 in reference to the last price traded. But i also think thats a RH glitch. Your screenshots were taken at 4:05 so after hours? It's been a while since I used RH but I remember it having some weird numbers after hours. But some options do continue to trade until 4:15. Perhaps someone bought an ish ton after hours? But I'm not seeing the volume.

On RH I believe you have to click a little icon somewhere to get to the greeks. You have to drill down to see IV, Open interest, Volume etc.

https://www.barchart.com/options/unusual-activity

I use Barchart to see unusual options activity. But it's not really a strategy I use often. Reason being when unusual activity shows up it means the market is expecting a big move in the stock one way or the other. But this leads to inflated IV (Implied Volatility) which is derived from the width of the strikes being bought. If the move happens and does not exceed the level of expected IV then the contract will drastically lose value due to IV crush (which is painful).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I want the long term plays and the short term day trade plays, lol. 

Two vastly different strategies with vastly different risk/reward scenarios and learning curves. I'd focus on the investing part first. Or maybe some small swing trades. Get your feet wet with some safe blue chip stocks, ETF's, Index, Mutual Funds. Took me 10 years of pain to become a successful daytrader. It's not easy and takes strict risk/reward discipline to stay alive. Webull has a great paper trading feature that you can use to simulate day trading. I wouldn't try it with real money until you have a better grasp.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I want the long term plays and the short term day trade plays, lol. 

I think a great long term play, or even short term if you want it to be would be to buy PERI about when it opens. That's if your really looking to get straight into it, and PERI should be an easy double a year from now. I have a bunch of my money in it, and they just "supposedly" (trading halted afterwards like they had made an error and is still halted) did an offering so it should be fairly cheap.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

OK so I'm confused. I'm looking at CEL on the TD Ameritrade option chain and it's only showing an open interest of 37 contracts for the 3-19 2.5 strike with no actual volume traded yesterday. Yahoo also shows the same numbers:
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CEL/options?date=1616112000

I don't see in your screenshots where you're getting the 10K contracts volume number? Are you referring to the +21,700% increase? Because that is showing the mid number between the bid 1.35 and the ask 3.00 in reference to the last price traded. But i also think thats a RH glitch. Your screenshots were taken at 4:05 so after hours? It's been a while since I used RH but I remember it having some weird numbers after hours. But some options do continue to trade until 4:15. Perhaps someone bought an ish ton after hours? But I'm not seeing the volume.

On RH I believe you have to click a little icon somewhere to get to the greeks. You have to drill down to see IV, Open interest, Volume etc.

https://www.barchart.com/options/unusual-activity

I use Barchart to see unusual options activity. But it's not really a strategy I use often. Reason being when unusual activity shows up it means the market is expecting a big move in the stock one way or the other. But this leads to inflated IV (Implied Volatility) which is derived from the width of the strikes being bought. If the move happens and does not exceed the level of expected IV then the contract will drastically lose value due to IV crush (which is painful).

I think it may be glitched but that’s just weird. To me. Ty Brody. So for the future if you see a lot of traffic of a option being bought! Chase the hype and cash in or just stay on the sideline and wait.