Stock Investing

rickyt31

19 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm surprised GME is holding so level around $37-$38 given all the drama.

Disclaimer: I'm a small-time share holder. This is not financial advice. There are no sure things on the stock market. 

I still think there's a lot of money to be made on this. Primarily from a short squeeze but possibly in the long term as well if Ryan Cohen (founder/CEO of Chewy) manages to develop the business.  

Shorts are really pulling out all their tricks trying to keep it in check in the hopes of stocks becoming available by public selling. I've been in since November and gradually bought more. WSB is mostly just kids playing the lottery but if you're able to see through the noise there are some actual good stuff there from time to time and to me, this seems like a great play. 

With more than 130% of the stock outstanding, this would be primed for a squeeze. But the thing is that the available float is much much less, where if we remove insiders and institutions that almost certainly won't sell, that ratio is pushed too more than 300% percent, i.e. the squeeze just tripled and that's still rather conservative. For comparison, Tesla had a ratio of 18% last year which contributed to its incredible stock development (bear in mind, Tesla has a lot of other things going for it which Gamestop does not so it's not a like-for-like comparison).  

The only way I see GME not spiking is if Cohen for some reason decides to abandon his cause (not likely). Otherwise it will squeeze and even those who missed the pre-party up until now can still make a lot of dough if buying in now. But it won't happen overnight. Shorters won't just fold over and take the L, they will continue to battle so what we as shareholder should do is just keep calm and not overreact. Not to gains, definitely not to short-term dips. 

Expect to see a dip today when the fraud that is Citron Research puts out his bearish stream so that could be a good opportunity to buy in. If nothing else, it's a great opportunity of sticking it to the large investment firms who were banking on Gamestop being out of business.  

• Like 2

On 1/19/2021 at 4:56 AM, El Ramster said:

Dang. You’ve missed out on some baggers... SCARED MONEY DONT MAKE MONEY! 

*furiously shuffles cards 

I would hate it when my dealer would tell me that. Shut up man! It’s my money! Let me be. 

Sucks you sat so much. I’ve been day/swing trading so much that I’m basically reduced my portfolio. But what if it never comes lol. Even Cathy Woods says the market is due for a correction. But till then keep eating steak and lobster. 

Been trading FSRX since I brought up last month. But today has been nice... Could be a better play long term. They’re on their 3rd pilot test which is big. And they’re rumored to be partnering up with a Japanese auto maker. I thought it would be Toyota but it’s not! 

HAAC, has big potential. A lot of the main heads running it were in Livingo with merger with teledoc. 

STPK, is still massively undervalued.. Wish I had stayed in at 22 lol. But ran it up to 33$ and sold... They are going to be big players! 

POLA, is going to be nice to swing trade this week. 

CPSH, is still fairly cheap for its potential. They work with nasa and have had successful runs with them. Building out their rovers. Stock has flown since last week. Still not a bad time. This is a long hold. 

CRNT, is going to run to swing trade. They’re in the 5G sector IIRC. 

PCPL is a great spac to ride up. They’ll be merging with E2Open.. Merger should happpen Feb 2nd if y’all want a quick ride up. 

I take bit coin, cash app and zelle. 

@sexyboinutellailoveyouyoulovemeandweallletthedaremascotliondown

POLA up lessgo. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, evilflamingo said:

Disclaimer: I'm a small-time share holder. This is not financial advice. There are no sure things on the stock market. 

I still think there's a lot of money to be made on this. Primarily from a short squeeze but possibly in the long term as well if Ryan Cohen (founder/CEO of Chewy) manages to develop the business.  

Shorts are really pulling out all their tricks trying to keep it in check in the hopes of stocks becoming available by public selling. I've been in since November and gradually bought more. WSB is mostly just kids playing the lottery but if you're able to see through the noise there are some actual good stuff there from time to time and to me, this seems like a great play. 

With more than 130% of the stock outstanding, this would be primed for a squeeze. But the thing is that the available float is much much less, where if we remove insiders and institutions that almost certainly won't sell, that ratio is pushed too more than 300% percent, i.e. the squeeze just tripled and that's still rather conservative. For comparison, Tesla had a ratio of 18% last year which contributed to its incredible stock development (bear in mind, Tesla has a lot of other things going for it which Gamestop does not so it's not a like-for-like comparison).  

The only way I see GME not spiking is if Cohen for some reason decides to abandon his cause (not likely). Otherwise it will squeeze and even those who missed the pre-party up until now can still make a lot of dough if buying in now. But it won't happen overnight. Shorters won't just fold over and take the L, they will continue to battle so what we as shareholder should do is just keep calm and not overreact. Not to gains, definitely not to short-term dips. 

Expect to see a dip today when the fraud that is Citron Research puts out his bearish stream so that could be a good opportunity to buy in. If nothing else, it's a great opportunity of sticking it to the large investment firms who were banking on Gamestop being out of business.  

I love the way you talk. Shame you’re a Niners fan. Would be a lot cooler if you weren’t 😘

After this smart breakdown ima go full Yolo and buy 3.3k shares of BIOL. wish me luck.. got in at 1.06$

Some nice catalyst coming up for this week and next... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

I love the way you talk. Shame you’re a Niners fan. Would be a lot cooler if you weren’t 😘

After this smart breakdown ima go full Yolo and buy 3.3k shares of BIOL. wish me luck.. got in at 1.06$

I was in BIOL at .83 and bailed cause I got bored with it. Perfect timing 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Hey, little lamb, there is still room for you on both the 49er and GME bandwagons 😀

GME up another 10% Yesterday and currently close to +4% pre-market. This is just such an exhilarating ride and fun experiment as much as it is an actual investment.   

I usually stay away from penny stocks but have dabbled on occasion, with varying results... What's the play with BIOL? 

• Like 1

I’m just gonna say it...

You should all be investing safer and longer term and what y’all are doing is essentially glorified gambling.

If I was like all of you I’d have sold all my Roku stock at 1,000 in profit, all my Tesla stock at 2,000 in profit etc.  I would not have gotten all the very many dividend dollars.  I would have taken a serious tax hit compared to profit percentage and I would not have mitigated my losses and bad bets with a vast majority of profits on all my other investments.

You are like 50 times more likely to go broke on bad streaks than get rich on unsustainable good streaks and you are throwing that long term money away.

But I literally don’t know what I’m talking about so I’m probably wrong.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 8:42 AM, El Ramster said:

Interesting.. tell me more. Have you bought any and ty. 

Yes. I will say that the website is still in "beta", so it requires some patience. I think the creators did not expect this type of user growth to occur so quickly. I'm still learning myself, but I think it could have the potential to be big because it's combining some pretty big markets: NFT (non fungible tokens), card collectors, and crypto people.

I could also be dead wrong- but I'd rather be early than right. They have a parternship with the NBA and some NBA players on board (Herro, Dinwiddie, etc.). 

I'm on board with this thesis:

https://luckymaverick.substack.com/p/nft

Also I would recommend searching for the "The First Mint" on youtube for beginner tutorials of the site. His podcast is a really good resource too. I've already made my money back from a couple pack pulls and I've just been buying and flipping cards in the market place.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m just gonna say it...

You should all be investing safer and longer term and what y’all are doing is essentially glorified gambling.

If I was like all of you I’d have sold all my Roku stock at 1,000 in profit, all my Tesla stock at 2,000 in profit etc.  I would not have gotten all the very many dividend dollars.  I would have taken a serious tax hit compared to profit percentage and I would not have mitigated my losses and bad bets with a vast majority of profits on all my other investments.

You are like 50 times more likely to go broke on bad streaks than get rich on unsustainable good streaks and you are throwing that long term money away.

You're not wrong about buy and hold, it's tried and true. But for every Roku and Tesla there is a Luckin Coffee, NKLA, AMC, Enron etc. Investing heavily in individual companies is just as much gambling and speculation as trying to trade them short term. Anything can happen overnight that sends your investment to $0. You either have to have a heavily diversified portfolio with hedged assets such as gold or puts. Or you need to be in mutual, Index Funds, and ETF's to be safely investing. You're invested in very volatile, over valued tech stocks that could drop at any moment. That isn't exactly text book investing...

Also to my knowledge neither Roku or Tesla pays a dividend?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m just gonna say it...

Fair advice. I'm a father with a family to look out for so most of my cash is locked away in safe long-term holdings. This is my play money that I'm okay with gambling with on something I'm interested in. So while your advice is sound, you wouldn't be able to capitalize on the crazy gains from Roku or Tesla if you didn't own them for a while, would you? 

But while were giving advice, one of the better ones I've seen - which is as relevant as ever - is "Don't confuse a bull market with brains". It's easy to get lost in your billionaire dreams as a couple of investments hit, thinking you're this market genius and why didn't you start trading earlier and if only you would've had started out with $20,000 instead of $2000 you'd already be a millionaire. So you start taking on too much risk and then POOF, bad investment and you loose 50% in just a couple of days. Then another bad investment to win it back loses you another 35% and suddenly you're pretty much back where you started. 

Be smart guys. If you're able to grow your play money into serious money set aside some of with when you can into something safer and more long-term. Also, don't compare to others and be honest with yourself, $5,000 could be substantial to someone while $50,000 isn't for someone else.     

• Like 3