Stock Investing

rickyt31

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Great time to buy!!!

I'm absolutely buying in right now. I'm also looking to refinance my mortgage, see about saving some money from that as well...

• Like 2

Just now, ET80 said:

I'm absolutely buying in right now. I'm also looking to refinance my mortgage, see about saving some money from that as well...

Dude, me too! I just got quoted at a 2.62 for 15 years. It's almost like stealing money at this point! I'm trying to lock in within the next month!

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Dude, me too! I just got quoted at a 2.62 for 15 years. It's almost like stealing money at this point! I'm trying to lock in within the next month!

Yeah, I got a 2.69 on a 15, I'm rushing to get my stuff in order. This'll raise my mortgage by like $75, but paying off the house a good 12 years early? Hell yeah...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, I got a 2.69 on a 15, I'm rushing to get my stuff in order. This'll raise my mortgage by like $75, but paying off the house a good 12 years early? Hell yeah...

Absolutely! Check this out if you get a couple of minutes:

https://www.mortgagecalculator.org/

Not only will you pay it off early, but it shows you year by year how much goes into the principle vs. interest AND how much interest you will pay comparatively over the life of the loan. The live chart difference at the top is cool and the bottomline is neat as well.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I sold some company stock (which I do once or twice a year to avoid being overly concentrated).

Gonna hold the cash for a few more weeks or months and reinvest in my usual index fund, hopefully at a nice discount.

I was gifted company stock as restricted shares a few years ago and they finally vested. I planned to just sell them all right away but the value has dropped like $400 so now I want to wait it out. 

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I was gifted company stock as restricted shares a few years ago and they finally vested. I planned to just sell them all right away but the value has dropped like $400 so now I want to wait it out. 

Mine dropped some from its high, but I’m still well in the black on it overall.

I figure I’ll make up that difference and then some when I buy later this year.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Absolutely! Check this out if you get a couple of minutes:

https://www.mortgagecalculator.org/

Not only will you pay it off early, but it shows you year by year how much goes into the principle vs. interest AND how much interest you will pay comparatively over the life of the loan. The live chart difference at the top is cool and the bottomline is neat as well.

30 year mortgages are the worst.

You guys are getting good enough rates that i might be worth me checking out.  I had 3 3/8 on a 15 year from last year, and i'm paying it off aggressively.  But even so, my calculator is telling me that it might be worth it to refi with those rates, even if i'm paying 1-2k in fees to do so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

30 year mortgages are the worst.

You guys are getting good enough rates that i might be worth me checking out.  I had 3 3/8 on a 15 year from last year, and i'm paying it off aggressively.  But even so, my calculator is telling me that it might be worth it to refi with those rates, even if i'm paying 1-2k in fees to do so.

IMO that calculator and the year by year and bottomline was unbelievably telling. Before yesterday, I was set on a 20 year at 3.1, which is also great, but a 15 at 2.62 is twice as good in terms of sheer interest paid and I'm done 5 years earlier.