Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

4 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Because everyone who knows him says he is a great person who just has Demons, if even half of what he went through as a child/ teenager is true it's no surprise at all that he has demons. If you can't feel sorry for someone like that then that's a interesting reflection on you....

On the otherside he hasn't taken responsibility for his own situation where people have literally poured millions into him to be a better person, and athlete, which is an opportunity, literally less than 0.01% of people get. I felt sorry for him the 1st 4-5 times, now a lot less

Hue Jackson stuck his neck out for JG and he dumped on him with his comeback video which resulted in injury late before a game for the Browns.

Maybe he had a bad past, but everyone has a reason to quit or to lie down.

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Whoa, @Kiwibrown crushing his brother....

Those Aussies are ruthless to family....

I hope not, I think compassion and self-responcibility should be too sides of the same coin. 

The libertarian ethic without compassion is too harsh and compassion without responsibility is to lazy. 

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

i heard rumors from a friend about gordon being addicted to heroin.  his first substance slipup in the NFL was with codeine if you remember correctly.
I'm done with Gordon but thought this was interesting.

Really? Now that’s a whole new story. I know he got busted for codeine but that was mainly from him drinking purple drink.  Crazy it potentially got that far. 

4 hours ago, DawgX said:

If it's heroin or another type of opiate, then it makes way more sense why he couldn't keep it together. I mean, I know a lot of people who love weed, but I don't think any of them would give up millions and millions of dollars just to smoke it. Opiates, on the other hand, is a lot more tempting and obviously much harder to quit than weed.

I completely agree. Opiates hit close to home too for a lot of ppl. Especially in Ohio

6 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Just to add to the pile of mounting evidence that Dorsey knows what he's doing:

Remember I was called crazy saying he isn’t missed and had the stats backing it up and showing that he was making the Pats worse

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Remember I was called crazy saying he isn’t missed and had the stats backing it up and showing that he was making the Pats worse

FWIW, NE has been getting run all over without Shelton in the game as well.  The entire defense/system may be problematic--may or may not have much to do with Shelton.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

If pointing out an article about the Patriots giving up more yards over the last 3 weeks on the ground than any other 3 game stretch in franchise history while simultaneously not playing Shelton during those games is somehow meant to be proof you were right, I’ll be honest, it doesn’t make the point you think it does.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If pointing out an article about the Patriots giving up more yards over the last 3 weeks on the ground than any other 3 game stretch in franchise history while simultaneously not playing Shelton during those games is somehow meant to be proof you were right, I’ll be honest, it doesn’t make the point you think it does.

I agree with LGB, buno was proven right with Danny.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I never used an article to prove it tho. Stats showed Pats have had one of the worse run defenses in the league for pretty much the entire year. Same stat showed the browns having back to back years of having an Interior run defense between the guards as top5 in the league. 

A lot of ppl have said we need a big run stuffer and ppl would bring up why we never should have traded him. I used the same stats that were updated weekly to prove it that we didn’t need one and that we greatly need a new DE to replace Ogbah and new OLBs. 

Im taking my victory lap on this one today

On 12/20/2018 at 8:42 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You hated on me for saying he would be cut or traded (I also thought he was a year later in his contract). I knew that pile of man jibs was not going to be on the team.

47 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

You hated on me for saying he would be cut or traded (I also thought he was a year later in his contract). I knew that pile of man jibs was not going to be on the team.

As I should have.

Shelton is a tub of goo, no argument there, but he does play the run well imo. He’s the only (negative) change on the front 7 and there’s been a noticeable difference.

I also hate the fact I’m the guy defending Shelton as I thought he was a turrrrible pick when we drafted him.

For the record I also didn’t hate the trade.  I thought it didn’t help us in the short term (it didn’t/hasn’t) but I understand the value we received in return.

My only point is we aren’t somehow better without him.  I think he’d be our second best DT and helpful in the run game.

Archived