Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

Wife and I often talk about what it must be like to be an NFL radio announcer like Jim Donovan. I mean to go from speaking in a normal tone of voice to sometimes an octave higher and to keep it up for a whole game.

Here is what it sounds and looks like from the announcer's standpoint:

21 hours ago, bruceb said:

Wife and I often talk about what it must be like to be an NFL radio announcer like Jim Donovan. I mean to go from speaking in a normal tone of voice to sometimes an octave higher and to keep it up for a whole game.

Here is what it sounds and looks like from the announcer's standpoint:

Saturday I posted in the GDT that if the Browns ever made the Super Bowl I wouldn't want to go I would want to rent a building and invite my friends and all this forum to a Browns Super Bowl party. I also want to find a way to watch it but not listen to the broadcast and get the radio broadcast timed up with the TV so I can hear Jim Donovan call the game. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

He has a great voice, and a great speaking ability, often contrasted with the football player or coach beside then who um and arr

He is animated, alive and excited for his team.

The embodiment of a Browns' fan.

Unlike the TV host talking-head announcers.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Saturday I posted in the GDT that if the Browns ever made the Super Bowl I wouldn't want to go I would want to rent a building and invite my friends and all this forum to a Browns Super Bowl party. I also want to find a way to watch it but not listen to the broadcast and get the radio broadcast timed up with the TV so I can hear Jim Donovan call the game. 

I don't do radio, but I've been a PA announcer for 10 years (football, soccer, volleyball) and as the PA announcer, you have to maintain some balance, and not be a homer.  I've heard quite a few PA announcers that think they are doing play-by-play, and they simply detract from the enjoyment of the game.

So I'm in my fantasy league championship, it's a two week match, this is week two and I'm up by like 2.5. 

My opponent had Cam Newton, and I have McCaffrey, which sparked a miraculous comeback and an eventual victory of the first half.

Welp, Cam done did it. He ain't playin no mo' this year. 

My opponent...his backup is Baker Mayfield.

giphy.gif

Thanks for letting me vent yo

Archived