Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

As for the Shelton trade, I too understand why they made the trade. If Shelton wasn't in their long-term plans, then it obviously is a smart idea to get a third round pick for him. But I'm not buying that our defense wouldn't be any better with him. Our run defense was great last year and has stunk for the most part this year. You can't tell me he wouldn't be an upgrade over Trevon Coley.

He’s a healthy scratch on a bad run defense so yeah I’ll say that.  

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Yeah but Twain was a writer and not a statistician

You shut your filthy mouth sir.

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Also if you reread the statement it could be parsed as the only thing that’s truthful is statistics

Yeah, but then buno would be right.  Do you want that on your conscience?!?!?

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Just remind Giants fans they are stuck with Eli Manning and the ghost of David Webb for Saquon’s prime. Enjoy the next five years you suckers. Maybe you’ll be good by the time your RB is on the downslope.

It all depends on how quickly and successfully they replace Eli.  If they do, they won't regret taking Barkley.  If they're stuck in QB hell for an extended period AND Darnold becomes the real deal, then it will get brought up constantly for the next 10 years.

It wasn't very long ago that we looked beyond dumb for passing on Wentz.  Things have changed a bit in a year...

34 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Just remind Giants fans they are stuck with Eli Manning and the ghost of David Webb for Saquon’s prime. Enjoy the next five years you suckers. Maybe you’ll be good by the time your RB is on the downslope.

I have a weird feeling the Giants are gong to trade for a veteran QB in the next 2 years like Matthew Stafford or Derek Carr and then suddenly be right back in it.

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

That is certainly a true statement. I think Barkley wins and don't even think it is wrong but Baker is the most valuable and would be taken #1 in every mock redraft done by anyone who believes the Earth is round, or a sphere, or whatever shape it is. Pear shaped? I can't remember. Anyway, if you believe you can fall off of the edge of Earth, Baker isn't for you.

avaliers-kyrie-irving-in-space-jam-2-146

Archived