Buying a House

RavensTillIDie

On 11/22/2018 at 7:43 AM, milanb said:

And what speed would that be?

It didn't occur to you that perhaps he didn't want to discuss the issue out of respect for the forum rules?

If you had done as he had suggested and googled the issue, you might have happened upon dozens of articles such as this one.

https://www.warealtor.org/resources/media/REmagazine/blog_post/remagazine-online/2014/04/02/the-ultimate-love-letter

lol

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I put an offer on a townhouse today. I don't think there's a chance at all that the seller accepts it because it's a significant amount under list price but I'm curious to see how willing they are to negotiate. 

Good luck!

20 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I put an offer on a townhouse today. I don't think there's a chance at all that the seller accepts it because it's a significant amount under list price but I'm curious to see how willing they are to negotiate. 

Location, location, location. Where is it?

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

My offer got rejected. Not a counter offer, just a flat rejection. 

I can play the long game and I'm not feeling any competition. I'll give them a week and offer a little bit more maybe. 

Yea I suppose it can't hurt. If there aren't other offers they might not have a choice if you keep playing this game. Although too many times playing they might tell you to screw off

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, scar988 said:

How much under were you?

15k. Based on the few other sales in the association for the last 6 months, I think the unit is listed way too high and the most I'm willing to go is 7-8k under the list price. Felt like starting super low and trying to get them to come down on their own was the best approach. I talked to my realtor about what I should offer since I wasn't comfortable with the list price and she gave me a range she would suggest selling it for if she was the sellers realtor. My offer was on the low end of her range. I imagine the sellers/sellers realtor are well aware less activity this time of year and are willing to wait it out for more offers. 

I thought at a minimum, they might counter my offer with an increased price to cover the closing costs of my original offer. 

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

15k. Based on the few other sales in the association for the last 6 months, I think the unit is listed way too high and the most I'm willing to go is 7-8k under the list price. Felt like starting super low and trying to get them to come down on their own was the best approach. I talked to my realtor about what I should offer since I wasn't comfortable with the list price and she gave me a range she would suggest selling it for if she was the sellers realtor. My offer was on the low end of her range. I imagine the sellers/sellers realtor are well aware less activity this time of year and are willing to wait it out for more offers. 

I thought at a minimum, they might counter my offer with an increased price to cover the closing costs of my original offer. 

How much is the house though? Because 15k below 100k is ridiculous. 15k below on say 250k is still pretty ridiculous depending on the market.

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Make sure you know the HOA fees assossciated with a Townhouse or Condo. It is what kept me from buying a condo in the past. The cheaper house payment looks nice until you see the HOA fee is $200-$400 a month. Robbing people blind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

How much is the house though? Because 15k below 100k is ridiculous. 15k below on say 250k is still pretty ridiculous depending on the market.

I was thinking this too, but if their asking price is already ridiculous 15k might bring it down to something reasonable.

55 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Make sure you know the HOA fees assossciated with a Townhouse or Condo. It is what kept me from buying a condo in the past. The cheaper house payment looks nice until you see the HOA fee is $200-$400 a month. Robbing people blind.

Lol when we were talking about HOAs earlier and I was saying how much I loved mine, I didn’t realize this was a thing.

We pay like $40 per month, not $200