2019 NFL Draft - Running Backs

Forge

Is there an RB in this class that goes down from contact easier than Dexter Williams?

He is a really smooth athlete, but pinky tackles bring him to the turf. Jalin Moore is pretty bad too in this regard, but Dexter Williams might be the most contact averse RB I've seen since Lorenzo Booker.

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Is there an RB in this class that goes down from contact easier than Dexter Williams?

He is a really smooth athlete, but pinky tackles bring him to the turf. Jalin Moore is pretty bad too in this regard, but Dexter Williams might be the most contact averse RB I've seen since Lorenzo Booker.

I don't think it's that catastrophically bad.  There's definitely an element of "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" to him.  But for the type of back he is, i don't see him as fatally easy to tackle or anything.

He reminds me a ton of Latavius Murray.  If he's going to succeed, that's how he's gonna have to make a living.  He's not going to be any kind of bruiser.

My bigger concern with Dexter Williams is really whether he's got his head screwed on straight.  He's got some talent and he is a smooth athlete...but he's not nearly talented enough for teams to put up with any shenanigans or work ethic questions.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

How come Ryquell Armstead doesn't get talked about a little more? Really like the way he runs, good/quick feet. Id love him as a late round pick. Although im questionable about his receiving ability. 

As far as potential FB/HB hybrids go, I love him as a power back with surprising quickness. He definitely needs to work on receiving, but he could outplay his draft slot, much like Qadree Ollison and George Aston (he's @BleedTheClock 's guy, right?). I like all three, but Ollison is the more balanced out of the group with nice receiving AND the ability to potentially be a lead back/bell cow to go with quality blocking. Armstead has great power and athleticism, but his receiving is a HUGE weakness at this point in my opinion, because receiving is crucial for a back of his type to see the field more. Still should be decent, and if he can become average as a check-down guy, he can seriously outplay his status.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SBLIII said:

8 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Ah man, who wouldn't?! I wouldn't mind the 9ers throwing a 6th rounder at him. 

4 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Honestly, if teams are considering Justice Hill and Trayveon Williams as third rounders, I don't see why he couldn't get picked in the same range. He's certainly better than them.

I'd be surprised if Hill/Williams/Love went in Day 2.    Just so much depth elsewhere and the RB devaluation continues unless you are seen as special.

Does Love really fit the 49ers run scheme?  Seems like he has to go to a power scheme, and I get that schemes are rarely all 1 or the other, but seems like outside zone is what Shanny still believes in most.