Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

Man o days sports talk here is pretty much unlistenable. Giving up on Mayfield is pure stupidity. Yeah many are getting close to calling him a bust. It would be so nice if we could get some real savvy cats that know football and are not worried about ratings. But my analysis doesn’t sell ****. I’m about as edgy as a butterfly. But that butterfly can reach a destination thousands of miles away. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Man o days sports talk here is pretty much unlistenable. Giving up on Mayfield is pure stupidity. Yeah many are getting close to calling him a bust. It would be so nice if we could get some real savvy cats that know football and are not worried about ratings. But my analysis doesn’t sell ****. I’m about as edgy as a butterfly. But that butterfly can reach a destination thousands of miles away. 

when-nick-young-the-basketball-player-me

On 11/7/2019 at 10:47 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Giving up on Mayfield is pure stupidity. Yeah many are getting close to calling him a bust. It would be so nice if we could get some real savvy cats that know football and are not worried about ratings. But my analysis doesn’t sell ****. I’m about as edgy as a butterfly. But that butterfly can reach a destination thousands of miles away. 

Not sure I understand this butterfly stuff but I will not believe in Mayfield until I see success on the field, wins.

15 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Not sure I understand this butterfly stuff but I will not believe in Mayfield until I see success on the field, wins.

So you evidently forgot about last year?  Or his whole college career?  I invite you you to check the huge majority of his career so far. 

On 11/9/2019 at 9:30 PM, Bonanza23 said:

So you evidently forgot about last year?  Or his whole college career?  I invite you you to check the huge majority of his career so far. 

Past performance is no performance if he's playing like a turd, which he has been so far this year.

What he has done in the past is not translating into wins now. 

14 hours ago, bruceb said:

Past performance is no performance if he's playing like a turd, which he has been so far this year.

What he has done in the past is not translating into wins now. 

He’s starting to play better, so looks like his track record is more the norm than not. 

On 11/7/2019 at 10:47 PM, Bonanza23 said:

There’s lots of hot takes people want to have on Baker.  It’s good for the YouTube clicks. 

@NateDawg (I tried to send this to you as a PM, but you can't receive them......So, I'll put this out there for god and country.)

Good afternoon,

I wanted to give you an update, and thank you for reaching out last night.  I truly appreciate it.  Well my son was able to recover his case with his movies and video games in it.  Close to 500 movies, and I don't even want to know how many games.  The case was found on someone's porch nearby, and they called the police.  The officers recovered it, and knew that it was something that had been reported stolen a short time earlier.  He got those back, and they are just like he left them....when he "left them."  He moved all of his belongings from his car into his friends house, and his broken window is being replaced at the moment.  (In fact, he just texted me and said it was done.)  

No word on his backpack, which contained his military records and health records.  The officers he worked with last evening thought that since there wasn't much of any monetary value in the bag, it may have just been tossed aside as well.  He can get his records regeneraged by the Navy (an inconvenience, but certainly doable).  He also lost his logbooks where he tracked all of the things he did during his summer training since graduating from college and NROTC.  He spoke with the officer in charge of his schools in Norfolk, and fortunately, the officer had reviewed his logs before he left on leave, so he knows what was completed.  These logs are presented to the CO of his ship upon reporting, so there'll be a bit of an issue there.  His training officer said he'd give him docmentation stating that he completed everything, but was just a nimrod leaving it in the front seat of his car in a major metropolitan area.

Again, I want to thank you for reaching out, and your brethren for being such a big help to him last night.  (They were able to locate and lift a few finger prints from his door, so they may be able to put a name to this.  Of course, I sat in that seat 2 nights ago, so my prints are probably there as well.)

Thanks again!

Image result for hat tip gif

• Like 2