Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

IMO you can make an argument that "great men" in that time period have all done awful things. For example:

FDR from 1939-1945 banning Jews/refugees from entering the U.S. ala immigration, not to mention rounding up and imprisoning 120,000 U.S. citizens based solely upon their heritage, stripping them of their basic rights, all via executive order.

As others have said, we can't really discuss things further here unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO you can make an argument that "great men" in that time period have all done awful things. For example:

FDR from 1939-1945 banning Jews/refugees from entering the U.S. ala immigration, not to mention rounding up and imprisoning 120,000 U.S. citizens based solely upon their heritage, stripping them of their basic rights, all via executive order.

As others have said, we can't really discuss things further here unfortunately.

Oh for sure, Churchill wasn’t unique win that regard, but I think you’ve seen similar displeasure with statues/monuments here for the same reasons.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh for sure, Churchill wasn’t unique win that regard, but I think you’ve seen similar displeasure with statues/monuments here for the same reasons.

FTR, a certain symbol in this nation was a symbol of rebellion, oppression, and outright treason, and should have had the "Sherman through Atlanta" treatment over 150 years ago.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Btw @MWil23, what if I told you there WAS a place you could talk politics with all kinds of cheeky/lovable bros???

I feel like you'd be Morpheus offering me a blue vs. red pill option

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

FTR, a certain symbol in this nation was a symbol of rebellion, oppression, and outright treason, and should have had the "Sherman through Atlanta" treatment over 150 years ago.

I feel like you'd be Morpheus offering me a blue vs. red pill option

I never saw the Matrix, but I bet that’s a good reference 😂 

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

https://inews.co.uk/news/winston-churchill-racist-pm-racism-accusations-london-statue-protest-explained-440668

if you’re curious 

pretty horrific quotes in there.  Almost enough to sway my opinion of him despite the cool factor of being a drunk who smoked.

I wasn’t. Just wanted to laugh at his diet.

21 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Churchill is an interesting  chestnut, did he do more good or bad? 

He was a lesser evil to Hitler by a long way

When you compare him to his predecessor Neville Chamberlain he absolutely did more good, especially in the Battle of Britain.