Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

On 7/06/2020 at 10:28 AM, buno67 said:

Like she posted a picture on FB, the baby was on her chest, she had a picture of her and her husband and the baby was grasping the her dad’s wedding ring that she wears as a necklace. I almost broke down in tears when I saw that. I couldn’t imagine being in her shoes. Luckily she has a great support system of friends and families around but still, going to be hard to fill that void. 

Impossible really. Awful situation. 

Hope he had good life insurance so they at least don't have worry about finances for a while.

On 6/6/2020 at 5:28 PM, buno67 said:

Like she posted a picture on FB, the baby was on her chest, she had a picture of her and her husband and the baby was grasping the her dad’s wedding ring that she wears as a necklace. I almost broke down in tears when I saw that. I couldn’t imagine being in her shoes. Luckily she has a great support system of friends and families around but still, going to be hard to fill that void. 

Im sorry Buno thats terrible. Glad she has a strong support system.

58 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

You *****.

You can take your protests back. Stupid ****s over here protesting about our police. They should think themselves lucky. Over here it's not the boys in blue who are the problem.

The police aren't a problem over here either the vast majority of the time. There are bad police officers just like there are bad everything. You'll never eliminate all police officers being bad at their job just like you'll never get rid of every scout/GM/Coach that are bad at their job. They will keep cycling them through because we are all flawed. We should do a better job at firing people but it's mostly a hard job to fill and you have to hire someone. Need more good people willing to put their life on the line every day for 40k per year.

22 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The police aren't a problem over here either the vast majority of the time. There are bad police officers just like there are bad everything. You'll never eliminate all police officers being bad at their job just like you'll never get rid of every scout/GM/Coach that are bad at their job. They will keep cycling them through because we are all flawed. We should do a better job at firing people but it's mostly a hard job to fill and you have to hire someone. Need more good people willing to put their life on the line every day for 40k per year.

Won’t be too hard when the economy tanks. You’ll have people lining up out the wazoo when that happens.

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They tore down the Columbus statue lmao that’ll teach that hunk of metal. 

But why Churchill? Whyyyyyyy?

the man drank whiskey and smoked a giant cigar every morning. One of the baddest men in history.

26 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

But why Churchill? Whyyyyyyy?

the man drank whiskey and smoked a giant cigar every morning. One of the baddest men in history.

https://inews.co.uk/news/winston-churchill-racist-pm-racism-accusations-london-statue-protest-explained-440668

if you’re curious 

pretty horrific quotes in there.  Almost enough to sway my opinion of him despite the cool factor of being a drunk who smoked.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

https://inews.co.uk/news/winston-churchill-racist-pm-racism-accusations-london-statue-protest-explained-440668

if you’re curious 

pretty horrific quotes in there.  Almost enough to sway my opinion of him despite the cool factor of being a drunk who smoked.

You have to look at the quotes at the time when they were made.  The world was a very different place than what it is now.  Many of the things we say today will be taken very differently in 20-30 years so imagine 60-80 years.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfhunt said:

You have to look at the quotes at the time when they were made.  The world was a very different place than what it is now.  Many of the things we say today will be taken very differently in 20-30 years so imagine 60-80 years.  

Viewing another race as a subspecies was never a good take imo, but that’s not really my point for posting it.

People were confused as to why statues of Churchill were being attacked.  That’s why.  People are free to make up their own minds from there and we’re not really able to discuss it on this forum, as much as I’d like to.