Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

On 11/22/2020 at 11:37 PM, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Mabel's wasn't bad, went there with buddies a few years back while in town for a game, some interesting thing on the menu like pig tail, but I had a brisket there that was ungodly good and tender

Liked Mabel's a lot.

Even the collard greens and I do not eat a lot of vegetables.

2 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

there is nothing better than good BBQ, one day when I am retired from jailing, I want to travel around to the big BBQ spots and just enjoy

Oh man I may have to join you. I would love to get me some jalapeño cheese smoked sausage. A little fast food bbq restaurant in our area actually makes really good sausage, but I’m not going there because of the spike in Covid cases that way. 

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Oh man I may have to join you. I would love to get me some jalapeño cheese smoked sausage. A little fast food bbq restaurant in our area actually makes really good sausage, but I’m not going there because of the spike in Covid cases that way. 

I ma usually a carolina style guy, a good hefty Pulled pork sammy, with a nice mustardy or vinagery sauce just slathering it.

11 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I ma usually a carolina style guy, a good hefty Pulled pork sammy, with a nice mustardy or vinagery sauce just slathering it.

There's a local bbq place here that makes maple bbq sauce that is awesome on ribs. Btw my area is known for the maple syrup. 

39 minutes ago, buno67 said:

when I think of maple syrup I think of Chardon for the area. Are you talking about "Taps" potentially? What place is it? That BBQ sauce sounds good.

Yep Maple City and Taps. It’s not the best bbq restaurant but their sauces are really good especially the maple syrup bbq, it’s awesome. 

I’ve been to a lot off bbq joints all over the country, some pretty well known, some just local hole in the wall spots or food trucks.

The one thing I’ve learned is name recognition means literally nothing. Some of the best bbq I’ve had has been from no name places.

Joe’s KC BBQ was insanely overrated.

Naaman’s was absolutely legit.

Didnt have the patience to stand in line for 5 hours for Franklins.