Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The one thing I’ve learned is name recognition means literally nothing. Some of the best bbq I’ve had has been from no name places.

Yep. The best bbq I ever had was an old family friend. He opened a restaurant in Painesville that did ok,but he developed heart problems and had to close because of bills. He had secret bbq sauce that you could put on literally anything and it would make it good. Also the best greens I ever had, even better than my mom, and she makes great greens. 

49 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. The best bbq I ever had was an old family friend. He opened a restaurant in Painesville that did ok,but he developed heart problems and had to close because of bills. He had secret bbq sauce that you could put on literally anything and it would make it good. Also the best greens I ever had, even better than my mom, and she makes great greens. 

So he made the BBQ version of Aardvark sauce? 

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This is how it should be. Not saying movie theaters should go away but movies need to be released for home viewing. It should have been done years ago. Might even cut down on some bootlegs. 

I don't know.  I bet if I was to attempt to bootleg a movie, I could set up a swell recording system in my family room to allow me to record the film from the comfort of my couch.  

(Full disclosure:  I wouldn't bootleg a movie.)

58 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I don't know.  I bet if I was to attempt to bootleg a movie, I could set up a swell recording system in my family room to allow me to record the film from the comfort of my couch.  

(Full disclosure:  I wouldn't bootleg a movie.)

Oh I hope you also add in the effect of people walking in front of the camera and the quality looking like a potato camera filmed it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

WOW

If this is a trend, RIP movie theaters.

If the theaters actually get a larger portion of ticket sales as the article suggests, this may actually be a win-win. Could even lead to a better variety in the types of films that get made if it works.

These are what will be released, I have to imagine Disney is next:

Wonder Woman 1984 (December 25, 2020)

The Little Things (January 29, 2021)

Tom & Jerry (March 5, 2021)

The Many Saints of Newark (March 12, 2021)

Reminiscence (April 16, 2021)

Godzilla vs. Kong (May 21, 2021)

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (June 4, 2021)

In the Heights (June 18, 2021)

Space Jam: A New Legacy (July 16, 2021)

The Suicide Squad (August 6, 2021)

Dune (October 1, 2021)

Elvis (November 5, 2021)

King Richard (November 19, 2021)

The Matrix 4 (December 22, 2021)

Sherlock Holmes 3 (December 22, 2021)

Judas and the Black Messiah (TBA 2021)

MACRO (TBA 2021)

Malignant (TBA 2021)

Mortal Kombat (TBA 2021)

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

These are what will be released, I have to imagine Disney is next:

Wonder Woman 1984 (December 25, 2020)

The Little Things (January 29, 2021)

Tom & Jerry (March 5, 2021)

The Many Saints of Newark (March 12, 2021)

Reminiscence (April 16, 2021)

Godzilla vs. Kong (May 21, 2021)

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (June 4, 2021)

In the Heights (June 18, 2021)

Space Jam: A New Legacy (July 16, 2021)

The Suicide Squad (August 6, 2021)

Dune (October 1, 2021)

Elvis (November 5, 2021)

King Richard (November 19, 2021)

The Matrix 4 (December 22, 2021)

Sherlock Holmes 3 (December 22, 2021)

Judas and the Black Messiah (TBA 2021)

MACRO (TBA 2021)

Malignant (TBA 2021)

Mortal Kombat (TBA 2021)

I might have to get HBO Max now 

2 hours ago, kayelcio said:

If the theaters actually get a larger portion of ticket sales as the article suggests, this may actually be a win-win. Could even lead to a better variety in the types of films that get made if it works.

I didn't read the article but theaters should get more of the ticket sales. They lose money on many of the shows and rely on concession sales to even have a chance to survive.

It may be a little different in bigger cities where it's 20 dollars a ticket but in the rural areas there is no money in the film itself.

• Like 1

Just my opinion, but I think movie theaters are going to be reduced dramatically.

Rural areas are getting hammered by this pandemic in more ways than they realize. There’s the obvious short term pain they’re experiencing, but long term they’re even more screwed.

This pandemic will be like the 2008 fiscal collapse (we never actually recovered from that). It’s going to have extreme negative effects we’re not really talking about right now. It’s going to change how companies operate and turn them more ruthless.

Temporary fix. I know I speak for a ton of people, I will not pay full movie theater price for a movie in my home. I’ll wait for the rental price. Nothing will ever replace a full on movie theater experience. It’s a date night experience that can’t ever be replaced, whether with an actual girl (yeah some in here don’t understand) or with your boys. Movie and dinner out at a restaurant can never be replaced. Never!

• Like 1