Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Theyre all hillbillies though, which is my point.  It’s not like living in any part of the state is devoid of them.  Start at any point you want in the state and within a 20 mile radius there’s a dude with a couch on his front porch and a car on blocks.

I wouldn't call Youngstown area "hillbillies" though.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And you’re out of your mind if you think folks in Franklin aren’t giving their babies Code Red Dew.

Today I learned they still made Code Red Mountain Dew

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I wouldn't call Youngstown area "hillbillies" though.

Ok, not Youngstown.  Drop that pin, go 20 miles.  Salem.  

Done GIF by Quizizz

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Today I learned they still made Code Red Mountain Dew

Stop lying, your country *** has a whole fridge on the porch filled with Code Red 2 liters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ok, not Youngstown.  Drop that pin, go 20 miles.  Salem.  

Done GIF by Quizizz

This made me laugh

Stop lying, your country *** has a whole fridge on the porch filled with Code Red 2 liters.

I legit haven't had pop since 2012. I made a deal with one of my players that I'd give it up for lent (he was Catholic and I'm not) and I haven't looked back.

I think I'll have about one rootbeer float every 2-3 years and the same for an IBC cream soda.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This made me laugh

I legit haven't had pop since 2012. I made a deal with one of my players that I'd give it up for lent (he was Catholic and I'm not) and I haven't looked back.

I think I'll have about one rootbeer float every 2-3 years and the same for an IBC cream soda.

A what?  

(I kid, I kid)

On 5/2/2022 at 6:52 AM, ditchdigger said:

Columbus is the best city in Ohio and it isn't close. It's admittedly a low bar, but we set it.

As somebody who lives there now, its not even close. Yeah its not located on waterfront, but the amount of things there are to do in Columbus compared to CLE/CIN isnt even fair fight. Its also just a much nicer/cleaner city to be in than the other two.

Cincy has came a long way in recent years and is fun for a weekend especially around the stadiums. Cleveland slaps god in the face for giving it a beautiful gift by never utilizing the water its located on, which makes it easily last of the 3 and then they have the balls to complain about the population decreasing every years since 1930.

Edited by AkronsWitness

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

As somebody who lives there now, its not even close. Yeah its not located on waterfront, but the amount of things there are to do in Columbus compared to CLE/CIN isnt even fair fight. Its also just a much nicer/cleaner city to be in than the other two.

Cincy has came a long way in recent years and is fun for a weekend especially around the stadiums. Cleveland slaps god in the face for giving it a beautiful gift by never utilizing the water its located on, which makes it easily last of the 3 and then they have the balls to complain about the population decreasing every years since 1930.

Cleveland’s use of the lake is absurd.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cleveland’s use of the lake is absurd.

I will never understand it. Pitt/Cin make use of freaking rivers to add a feel to the city and Cleveland is sitting on a whole dam great lake and does absolutely nothing.

And then all I hear from the Mayor and decision makers is 'how do we get young people to move downtown?' and then proceed to not do anything to make it a desirable city for anybody to want to be in.

Ive been hearing about lakefront development for over a decade and Im sick of hearing about it--I need some action. They even tried to add a huge new age skyscraper and that project (of course) fell through in spectacular fashion. They have talked about building waterfront properties/resturants/shopping just East of Burke Airport and in 10 years have managed to build 1 condo building and 1 restaurant.

Im tired.

You know what would be cool? Bringing in new business by any means necessary with tax breaks, ect so people can actually get jobs and move downtown. Maybe build a Pier on Laker Erie similar to what Chicago has with Navy Pier.  Realize that Burke Airport is a massive waste of resources and BUILD THERE.

Boom fixed Cleveland in 3 easy steps..

Bonus: Try to build a new building taller than Tower City to reshape the stale skyline.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I will never understand it. Pitt/Cin make use of freaking rivers to add a feel to the city and Cleveland is sitting on a whole dam great lake and does absolutely nothing.

And then all I hear from the Mayor and decision makers is 'how do we get young people to move downtown?' and then proceed to not do anything to make it a desirable city for anybody to want to be in.

Ive been hearing about lakefront development for over a decade and Im sick of hearing about it--I need some action. They even tried to add a huge new age skyscraper and that project (of course) fell through in spectacular fashion. They have talked about building waterfront properties/resturants/shopping just East of Burke Airport and in 10 years have managed to build 1 condo building and 1 restaurant.

Im tired.

You know what would be cool? Bringing in new business by any means necessary with tax breaks, ect so people can actually get jobs and move downtown. Maybe build a Pier on Laker Erie similar to what Chicago has with Navy Pier.  Realize that Burke Airport is a massive waste of resources and BUILD THERE.

My buddies and I were saying the same **** you just said 20 years ago.

@bruceb and his friends prolly 20 years before that.

The solution isn’t even tricky, they just don’t do anything.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

As I've gotten older I realize that politicians are idiots and have no idea how to actually make things better. They are just really good at saying things people like to hear. 

Have you been to Navy pier? Not much going on there but some touristy stuff that the 3rd largest city in the US can get away with having. Isn't Tower City in downtown a big mall? 

Columbus realized they have a large university and were able to get away from manufacturing like the rest of the state refused to let go of. Not saying you shouldn't have mfg plants but having that as your backbone of the city wasn't going to last once tech started taking over the way we do business.

Toledo almost lost Jeep and had to give them millions of dollars to keep the plant here. But all the suburbs decided years ago to allow companies to come into the area for low taxes, low land costs, and access to 75 and 80/90. How Toledo isn't one of the largest shipping / warehouse depots in the world makes no sense. You can ship from here and be to 2/3 of the population within 18 hours. You literally have highways crossing that go from Detroit to Miami and NYC to San Fran. Also access to the great lakes for shipping. Oh and are 45 min from the Canadian border. 

• Like 1

My buddies and I were saying the same **** you just said 20 years ago.

@bruceb and his friends prolly 20 years before that.

The solution isn’t even tricky, they just don’t do anything.

loool and thats whats so frustrating. Improvements are easy, they just dont even try. They redid the Flats but thats a very very small area in the grand scheme.

I know there was talk about the Haslems working with the city to basically reshape the entire area where the Browns stadium is on the lake. Maybe since they are multi billionaires they can actually get something off the ground.