Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

This is pure speculation, but I would really like to see a women in that seat. I think its overdue and I wonder if that type of change of pace would be better for the country and sort of settle things down and cut the tension a bit.

The last 6+ years have largely been a giant **** measuring contest by a bunch of old men and I wonder if a female being in office would bring a different.......energy? confidence? Different level of productivity?

Well, we just tried that sort of thing with the appointment of not only a woman, but a woman of color to the Supreme Court.

How about we see how well that goes, first?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, the money comes after either way.

The salary is irrelevant.  When you’re in office you don’t even spend cash, everything is paid for.  When you’re out, you write some books, get paid to do speaking events, etc.

I believe they have to pay a lot of their expenses back when they leave office. 

Just now, bruceb said:

Well, we just tried that sort of thing with the appointment of not only a woman, but a woman of color to the Supreme Court.

How about we see how well that goes, first, before elevating people due to their color, sex, creed, etc., again?

On 5/3/2022 at 10:30 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Just dropping this here.....The AFL is finally back on FS1/FS2 and Fox Soccer Plus.  8 live games this week, and 1 on tape delay.  Check your local listings, and set those DVR's.  Australian Football Association of North America - Schedule

Expect a quiz on Tuesday afternoon.  :) 

If you have an inkling, the Essendon/Hawthorn game from Saturday morning was terrific. 

If you're devoid of sports on this Sunday afternoon, you may want to look back on your streaming service for the game.  

Also, I'm going to be sitting down soon with Australian NFL fans (many of them part of members of Browns Backers groups, and another a Packers stockholder), for a zoom call (which I'll turn into a podcast episode), where we're going to discuss why we think NFL fans should consider checking out Australian Rules Football. 

Anyone curious about the game, and maybe want to take part in the discussion?  Send me a message, and I'll pass the info along to you when things solidify a bit more.

On 4/18/2022 at 4:49 PM, hornbybrown said:

Oh I definitely think I have it.

Found out today our 4 mo. old has it. Got it from a daycare teacher who felt sick, worked the entire day anyways and then tested positive after work. So I had a teacher that had Covid holding my infant child all day, breathing on his face and gave him Covid--- after 2.5 years of us missing holidays, weddings and taking every precaution possible to not get it.

Spent 3 hours today on mothers day at the emergency room. Yay

Edited by AkronsWitness

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ribeye I get medium rare so the fat can render properly.

Filet mignon rare.

Don’t really eat other cuts all that often.

Medium rare plus on everything for me. Pull it off at 125-130 and let it cook another 5 degrees during the 5 minute rest.

For sirloin, I typically will cook to medium rare for me and medium for others not as comfortable as I use it for fajitas. (Separate serving bowls)

Hamburger I always make an exception and go medium well. Slight pink throughout.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Medium rare plus on everything for me. Pull it off at 125-130 and let it cook another 5 degrees during the 5 minute rest.

For sirloin, I typically will cook to medium rare for me and medium for others not as comfortable as I use it for fajitas. (Separate serving bowls)

Hamburger I always make an exception and go medium well. Slight pink throughout.

Burgers I cook to medium/medium well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Found out today our 4 mo. old has it. Got it from a daycare teacher who felt sick, worked the entire day anyways and then tested positive after work. So I had a teacher that had Covid holding my infant child all day, breathing on his face and gave him Covid--- after 2.5 years of us missing holidays, weddings and taking every precaution possible to not get it.

Spent 3 hours today on mothers day at the emergency room. Yay

Hope all is good and little homie is ok.