Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Same age tho I think 

I was more or less thinking about stagflation meets 1 term guy after a volatile and polarizing guy was in office. Tbh I’d have taken the “buy an electric car” comment more personally if someone who actually knew where he was and that he’s the leader of the free world said it. 

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Which is terrifying if it means we get another Reagan after him.

If you are lucky. There are, sadly worse prospects on the horizon, spoken from someone who very much works for a living in the middle class.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Which is terrifying if it means we get another Reagan after him.

Are we really going to complain about Reagan 2.0 after the last few corpses we’ve trotted out there? I mean shoot, just give me H.W. Bush at this point.

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If you are lucky. There are, sadly worse prospects on the horizon, spoken from someone who very much works for a living in the middle class.

Yep. 1.5 income family here. Give me someone who can fix inflation, gas prices, and a return to some semblance of normalcy. My 3% raise next year May as well be an 8+% loss of income with what’s going on here.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Yep. 1.5 income family here. Give me someone who can fix inflation, gas prices, and a return to some semblance of normalcy. My 3% raise next year May as well be an 8+% loss of income with what’s going on here.

Dont worry the billionaires will look after you peasant.

pull yourself up by your bootstraps. 

Teachers are lazy and entitled.

Teachers wage increases make inflation worse. 

We need better teachers.

Just send your wife out to work 

Not enough people at home to look after the kids 

I purchased a house when inflation was at 25%

All at once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Are we really going to complain about Reagan 2.0 after the last few corpses we’ve trotted out there? I mean shoot, just give me H.W. Bush at this point.

Yes

Reagan was the complete opposite of FDR (who I feel is a top 5 president ever).

38 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Yes

Reagan was the complete opposite of FDR (who I feel is a top 5 president ever).

Hard to overlook the fact that FDR was a racist scumbag for me. 

Edited by MWil23

Sooooo where does everyone stand with teachers carrying guns come August in Ohio.

Something about sending my son to school everyday where teachers have weapons in their desks and having my wife go to teach everyday with other teachers with weapons in their desk is......unsettling.

Might have to call the doc to get a higher prescription strength on my anxiety meds. 

Are we turning into Midwest Texas?

Edited by AkronsWitness

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sooooo where does everyone stand with teachers carrying guns come August in Ohio.

Something about sending my son to school everyday where teachers have weapons in their desks and having my wife go to teach everyday with other teachers with weapons in their desk is......unsettling.

Might have to call the doc to get a higher prescription strength on my anxiety meds. 

I don’t understand why they can’t just have cops in schools. I don’t trust teachers with guns. I don’t trust some 70 year old art teacher to save my child. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t understand why they can’t just have cops in schools. I don’t trust teachers with guns. I don’t trust some 70 year old art teacher to save my child. 

School shootings in NZ 0. Just have way less guns and a greater difficulty in getting them

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Best quote I’ve seen:

“To ask teachers to be on the front line of mass shootings, the front line of a pandemic, and the front line of the struggle against inequality all while underpaying them and systematically underfunding the
education system is both cruel and a recipe for societal collapse.“

Let me throw some numbers at you guys:

Those who have left the teaching profession have TRIPLED since 2019. Typically education majors in college are between 15-20% nation wide. This year they were around 4%.

• Like 1