Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

How its possible for members of congress to be involved in Wall Street is beyond me. I need to setup a bot that copies every move these clowns make on the stock market and then just rake it in.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How its possible for members of congress to be involved in Wall Street is beyond me. I need to setup a bot that copies every move these clowns make on the stock market and then just rake it in.

It would be brilliant and you'll probably end up in prison simultaneously.

#Congress

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah it’s absolutely unreal.  And not only can they own stocks, they can own stocks in companies in sectors that they’re on committees to oversee.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I seriously hate all politicians 

If the last 6 years has taught me anything, its that politics is just a bunch of unqualified people taking money from corporations to push their agenda and news stations are just a different flavor of First Take w/ Skip and Shannon.

Its all just a formal high school popularity contest where actual issues that impact 95% of the population rarely get dealt with and everything is driven by how much money politicians can receive from donors/companies in order to invest in their own self interests. Politics are essentially a pyramid scheme for rich people to make more money masked by the belief that they are there to improve the country for all and care about you.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If the last 6 years has taught me anything, its that politics is just a bunch of unqualified people taking money from corporations to push their agenda and news stations are just a different flavor of First Take w/ Skip and Shannon.

Its all just a formal high school popularity contest where actual issues that impact 95% of the population rarely get dealt with and everything is driven by how much money politicians can receive from donors/companies in order to invest in their own self interests. Politics are essentially a pyramid scheme for rich people to make more money masked by the belief that they are there to improve the country for all and care about you.

Longer than that imo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just going to put it out there.  

If you get a chance to check out the Sydney Swans/Greater Western Sydney Giants game from last night (which was on FS2), I think you'll love it.  One of the best games of any sport that I've seen in a LONG time.

You know that I was going to come back to it again.  😀

Hockey is unpredictable. The Boston Bruins blew a 3-1 series lead and have been eliminated.

Boston had the most dominant regular season of all time:

1. Set the NHL record for most points in a season

2. Set the NHL record for most wins in a season

3. Had a 3-1 lead in the first round

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Hockey is unpredictable. The Boston Bruins blew a 3-1 series lead and have been eliminated.

Boston had the most dominant regular season of all time:

1. Set the NHL record for most points in a season

2. Set the NHL record for most wins in a season

3. Had a 3-1 lead in the first round

Love it see it. Any time Boston feels pain I feel happy 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Love it see it. Any time Boston feels pain I feel happy 

Hockey is NOT the same as the NBA, but the Blue Jackets need and deserve Connor Bedard. He’d have a franchise changing impact and I’d actually consider buying season tickets.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Hockey is NOT the same as the NBA, but the Blue Jackets need and deserve Connor Bedard. He’d have a franchise changing impact and I’d actually consider buying season tickets.

They need a complete regime change first. Jarmo isn’t cutting it. His signing of gudbranson should have been the final straw. Had to cut bjorky to fit that in and he’s been huge for Seattle. 

• Like 1

This guy is the modern day Oppenheimer:

“I console myself with the normal excuse: If I hadn’t done it, somebody else would have,” said Hinton, who had been employed by Google for more than a decade. “It is hard to see how you can prevent the bad actors from using it for bad things.”

”The idea that this stuff could actually get smarter than people — a few people believed that,” said Hinton to the NYT. “But most people thought it was way off. And I thought it was way off. I thought it was 30 to 50 years or even longer away. Obviously, I no longer think that.”

https://www.theverge.com/2023/5/1/23706311/hinton-godfather-of-ai-threats-fears-warnings