Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

Not sure how many of you are in the Cleveland area, but if you're someone who has played competitive sports, and still has the itch.....

The Cleveland Cannons of the USAFL have been inactive for the last couple of years during Covid, but they are reconstituting the club this year.  

They are scheduled to have their first open training session, for both returning players and people who are interested in checking out the game for the first time.  I'm attaching a link to their Facebook page if you might be interested in checking it out.  https://www.facebook.com/events/657703923025275

3 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Not sure how many of you are in the Cleveland area, but if you're someone who has played competitive sports, and still has the itch.....

The Cleveland Cannons of the USAFL have been inactive for the last couple of years during Covid, but they are reconstituting the club this year.  

They are scheduled to have their first open training session, for both returning players and people who are interested in checking out the game for the first time.  I'm attaching a link to their Facebook page if you might be interested in checking it out.  https://www.facebook.com/events/657703923025275

I love you man and I appreciate your passion but I don’t think you’re gonna get many people to care here about aussy football. You’d be better off saving your time and find a aussy football forum. It’s like how I had to find a hockey forum to talk hockey. These donkeys don’t appreciate the finer international sports. 

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I love you man and I appreciate your passion but I don’t think you’re gonna get many people to care here about aussy football. You’d be better off saving your time and find a aussy football forum. It’s like how I had to find a hockey forum to talk hockey. These donkeys don’t appreciate the finer international sports. 

Oh, I'm just putting it out there for anyone that is young enough who might be interested rekindling the types of activity that they did when they were younger.  I'm WAY too old to partake, but they're having their first session in Rocky River, and I didn't want to neglect sharing this type of opportunity with people who might actually enjoy it.  

On 3/21/2023 at 9:14 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

In case anyone might be interested, the 5th ep. in my series on why NFL fans would love the AFL just came out.  I chatted with Aussie NFL fan, Thomas McMillan of the "Any Given Sunday" podcast/youtube channel.  The 6th ep will be out next week...a chat with Darren Bennett, former Melbourne Demon and NFL all-decade (1990's) punter/Chargers Hall of Famer.  An absolute gentleman.   Six games on FS1/FS2 this week.  

The sixth ep. in my series (Why NFL fans would love the AFL) came out this evening.  I sat down with former AFL player, and San Diego Charger (Team Hall of Famer), former Punter Darren Bennett on his travels to be the 2nd Australian punter in the NFL (1st only played a couple of games in the 60's), and how he ahd his organization are revolutionizing the kicking game in collegiate football. 

On 3/13/2023 at 9:37 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

to this point specifically, this isn’t a small thing.  Eggs have shot up in price some whatever hundred percent, but let’s be honest, it’s somewhat irrelevant for most people as eggs are still affordable.  $2 a dozen or $7 a dozen, if you want eggs you can afford eggs.

Shockingly it was just good old fashioned greed…

On 3/24/2023 at 7:49 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Oh, I'm just putting it out there for anyone that is young enough who might be interested rekindling the types of activity that they did when they were younger.  I'm WAY too old to partake, but they're having their first session in Rocky River, and I didn't want to neglect sharing this type of opportunity with people who might actually enjoy it.  

How close is the freezer did a 1.9

20 yard beer dash.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 12:23 PM, AkronsWitness said:

I wish I had more time for charcoal tbh but with the babies only being awake after school from 4:40-6:30 before bed I need the 'immediateness' of propane.

I was looking at Nexgrill stuff that is in that $350 range but the grates look horrible. That was the problem with the cheap Charbroil grill I bought years ago too. The gaps between the grates were wide so a lot of food, juices, seasoning, ect would fall down and then promptly catch on fire the next time I grilled--making it impossible to regulate consistent temp.

I hate it, but I might have to just suck it up and buy the $650 Weber or pray to god a spring sale happens and they come down to $400 again.

Edit: Ahhhh I knew I wasnt crazy. https://www.gearpatrol.com/deals/a36039678/weber-grills-price-increase-april-2021/

Update: Got a Slickdeals alert the other day that they dropped down to $499 for their 'Spring Sale' at Home Depot so I went and picked one up on my lunch break today. Just in case anybody else in the 1/1000 chance are looking to upgrade their grill this Spring. Wanted to pass along the info.

The first Home Depot I went to in Delaware was sold out of them, but they told me the Hilliard location had 13 in stock and I could get the $325 clearance price if I just asked because they were overstocked. I drove 35 mins to the Hilliard store, asked for the clearance price because I knew they had 13 and the old man just giggled and said 'no' as he walked away from me.

So I just drove an extra 1hr round trip to try and save another $150 and got laughed at by an employee for asking

Tragic :)

Edited by AkronsWitness