First head coach fired

Jimmy Austin

Who'll be the first one gone?   

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who'll be the first one gone?

I find it hard to believe Koetter gets fired first considering the GM Licht is the second head coach he hired.  How many GMs get to hire a 3rd HC?  It makes little sense for the owners to fire the head coach during the season when the GMs fate is tied to the head coach.  The Glazers have never fired a head coach in season.  Coordinators have been let go in the past in season, Jeff Jagodzinski and Jim Bates are examples.  He might be the first to go on Black Monday, doubtful during the season.

31 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Steve Wilks might actually have a chance.

I actually think he has a chance to be a good head coach.  Gotta give him time.  The Cardinals are simply not a talented team right now.

27 minutes ago, VanS said:

I actually think he has a chance to be a good head coach.  Gotta give him time.  The Cardinals are simply not a talented team right now.

He has zero Cardinals fans support. Zero. He's made the team worse with all his changes on defense to a 4-3 when the personnel weren't fit for it. He hired Mike McCoy, who was already fired. The previous coaching staff from the Arians' regime was all let go after Arians retired. Patrick Peterson is already requesting a trade. In the one post game presser I saw, he claimed he had no idea what the answers to the problems are, but he needs to find it. He just seems way in over his head already. Really reminds me of Jim Tomsula. Go to the Cardinals reddit page. They all want him gone already.

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

Hue wont be the first cuz no one wants Todd Haley running their team.

I gotta go with Dirk. That teams a mess on both sides and he'll be blamed for Jameis' lack of development.

Have you seen Hue Jackson coach football before? I would rather a cardboard cutout of Sloth from the Goonies be our HC over him at this point.

BoB, Bowles and McDermott are all safe for next year IMO. Koetter and Garrett will last the season because at least they're mathematically still in the playoff race. That leaves Hue and Vance. Barring some miracle hot streak Hue will be fired at the end of the season. I think it'll be Vance. He should've been fired last year but Elway was too stubborn to admit his mistake. They have a brutal next five games and with a couple ugly losses he'll do it as a message to the fanbase that he acknowledges getting it wrong 

Archived