First head coach fired

Jimmy Austin

Who'll be the first one gone?   

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who'll be the first one gone?

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

He has zero Cardinals fans support. Zero. He's made the team worse with all his changes on defense to a 4-3 when the personnel weren't fit for it. He hired Mike McCoy, who was already fired. The previous coaching staff from the Arians' regime was all let go after Arians retired. Patrick Peterson is already requesting a trade. In the one post game presser I saw, he claimed he had no idea what the answers to the problems are, but he needs to find it. He just seems way in over his head already. Really reminds me of Jim Tomsula. Go to the Cardinals reddit page. They all want him gone already.

I'm fairly confident he'll be the Bills DC next year.

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Hue wont be the first cuz no one wants Todd Haley running their team.

I gotta go with Dirk. That teams a mess on both sides and he'll be blamed for Jameis' lack of development.

you think you know, but you have no idea how bad Hue has been. He will make Haley look like Shula prolly

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

He has zero Cardinals fans support. Zero. He's made the team worse with all his changes on defense to a 4-3 when the personnel weren't fit for it. He hired Mike McCoy, who was already fired. The previous coaching staff from the Arians' regime was all let go after Arians retired. Patrick Peterson is already requesting a trade. In the one post game presser I saw, he claimed he had no idea what the answers to the problems are, but he needs to find it. He just seems way in over his head already. Really reminds me of Jim Tomsula. Go to the Cardinals reddit page. They all want him gone already.

He is a defensive coach, whose background is in the 4-3. Why should the changed defensive scheme be held against him? Why should he be forced to adapt his scheme to what the previous defensive coach did? Thats on the GM hiring the coach like that.

3 minutes ago, Riftty said:

It's gotta be hue...how do you have multiple first round picks a few years in a row. Not to mention high picks and keep failing? Blows my mind the Browns are this bad for so long...

I mean. They've played like four OT games. And they beat the Raiders until the refs effed them. They're a much better team this year than they have been in a long time.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I mean. They've played like four OT games. And they beat the Raiders until the refs effed them. They're a much better team this year than they have been in a long time.

Not that hard to top 0-16... And coming close to winning doesn't save Jobs

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

and they're still underacheiving, in no small part due to having the worst coach in modern history

45 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He is a defensive coach, whose background is in the 4-3. Why should the changed defensive scheme be held against him? Why should he be forced to adapt his scheme to what the previous defensive coach did? Thats on the GM hiring the coach like that.

True, the GM is at fault as well. I understand Wilks sticking to what he knows, but it's a bad look when you are the new guy in charge, try to change something that was working to a decent level, and it now doing worse. Apparently some players are frustrated. 

3 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Not that hard to top 0-16... And coming close to winning doesn't save Jobs

2 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

and they're still underacheiving, in no small part due to having the worst coach in modern history

I agree Hue should be gone. But they should be 3-3-1. Which really isn't that bad.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I agree Hue should be gone. But they should be 3-3-1. Which really isn't that bad.

His total lack of accountability, however, is atrocious.   Selling out Sashi Brown when he was the one who thought Kizer should still keep starting, even with 10 TO's inside the opponent's 5-yard line (and who also never objected to passing on Wentz, nor on Watson).  And the guy who thought it was fine to have Peppers play FS..instead of SS, where he belonged.  And the same guy who called QB sneaks at the 2 yd line, with no TO's and 20 secs - to watch the clock run out in the 1H.   The guy who wanted Brown to spend a 2.1 on AJ McCarron.  Then got him fired for being the only sane guy in the room.  The list goes on and one.

This time, he says he really needs to be more involved with the O play-calling.  M'kay, they went 1-31 when he was the playcaller.   But yeah, it's someone else's fault.

The sooner he's gone, the better for CLE.   

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

He is a head coach who could have hired coordinators of any type. What makes the most sense for anyone in a leadership/management position - forcing everyone working for you to match their skills to yours, or adapting to them? The Cardinals had some legitimate defensive talent. That wasn't their issue, but because of his decisions it's become one. Only in sports, and in particular, football, does this sort of mindset exist. But when he's out of a job, at least he'll be able to say he did it with his scheme. He'll always have that.

One of Belichick's best traits is his willingness and ability to adapt his schemes to his players and their strengths. But guys like Wilks, they're the ones who really get it.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Austin said:

Lovie was awful. If they hadn't of fired him in year 2. They would of in year 3. He had outdated defensive schemes, didn't make halftime adjustments, and was easily out-coached. 

Well they should have at least given him that 3rd year after tripling his win total from the year before with a rookie quarterback

7 hours ago, Jimmy Austin said:

Lovie was awful. If they hadn't of fired him in year 2. They would of in year 3. He had outdated defensive schemes, didn't make halftime adjustments, and was easily out-coached. 

He hasn't exactly been incredible at illinios either ... 

I voted Vance, but I think this is the rare season where we don't have any coaches fired until week 16 or 17

8 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

He is a head coach who could have hired coordinators of any type. What makes the most sense for anyone in a leadership/management position - forcing everyone working for you to match their skills to yours, or adapting to them? The Cardinals had some legitimate defensive talent. That wasn't their issue, but because of his decisions it's become one. Only in sports, and in particular, football, does this sort of mindset exist. But when he's out of a job, at least he'll be able to say he did it with his scheme. He'll always have that.

One of Belichick's best traits is his willingness and ability to adapt his schemes to his players and their strengths. But guys like Wilks, they're the ones who really get it.

Didn’t the Cards hire him for the things he did as a DC? A DC that ran a very succesful 4-3 scheme under his supervision. 

What makes most sense to management? If they truly cared about the 3/4 talent they would have hired a 3/4 schematic HC

This isn’t on wilks, that’s on the FO, they knew he would come in and switch up the defense and players will be moved around. You gotta give a guy his chance to build his team his way. You bring up Belichick but early on at his time with the Pats, he wasn’t switching up schemes. Even now he doesn’t go from scheme to scheme for his talent. He will add wrinkles to what they already do. Also he has always been a coach that his defense has always been built around 3/4 principles. It’s not like one year the Pats are  3/4 then a 4/3 and whatever  

I’m not gonna hire a chef who’s background is in Mexican cuisine and be mad when he is trying to figure out the menu to my Italian restaurant. 

Archived