Good to Know Hue (Jackson Fired); Gregg Williams named Interim HC

The Gnat

13 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Isn't this the 7th time a CLEV coach has been fired after playing the steelers?

Stupid firing this early gets nothing done. Looks bad on the Org. Might as well finish out the season.

Dude maybe a terrible coach, But he's been coaching with a heavy heart.

Not when he is poisonous. He is addition by subtraction. 

Having him fight with haley over the offense wasn’t or wouldn’t be good for Baker. 

Also His ability to have zero accountability but willing to trash players and assistants was finally done running the course. 

He literally said he couldn’t remember why he didn’t use his timeouts and didn’t want to say anything in the presser about it so the media couldn’t use his answers against him. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not when he is poisonous. He is addition by subtraction. 

Having him fight with haley over the offense wasn’t or wouldn’t be good for Baker. 

Also His ability to have zero accountability but willing to trash players and assistants was finally done running the course. 

He literally said he couldn’t remember why he didn’t use his timeouts and didn’t want to say anything in the presser about it so the media couldn’t use his answers against him. 

Nothing else he's a great tank commander. Just no reason to fire him.. But hey it is what it is. 

Cleveland should have done this after last season. I don't get why they were convinced after everything that had happened on and off the field in 2016 and 2017, that they felt the need to give Hue another chance with a new GM coming in. I figured keeping Hue was essentially a signal that they were all in with him for the foreseeable future. I'm guessing Dorsey is going to clean house with the rest of the coaching staff after the year is over with. 

At least this time Jackson couldn't even plant the seeds of a mutiny.

Just now, El ramster said:

Nothing else he's a great tank commander. Just no reason to fire him.. But hey it is what it is. 

No reason to fire him? Plenty of reasons to fire him. He bragged about how hard the players play for him and they have been quitting on him. He has thrown two coordinators under the bus and had another huge mismanagement in the game yesterday. 

The dude offered zero value to the team, hell he was negative value, and was starting to make coaches and players worse. You can’t hang onto a coach like that 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Cleveland should have done this after last season. I don't get why they were convinced after everything that had happened on and off the field in 2016 and 2017, that they felt the need to give Hue another chance with a new GM coming in. I figured keeping Hue was essentially a signal that they were all in with him for the foreseeable future. I'm guessing Dorsey is going to clean house with the rest of the coaching staff after the year is over with. 

At least Jackson didn't have time to even plant the seeds of a mutiny this time around. 

I think it was a backdoor deal with dorsey. It allowed him and his FO to focus on the draft and the roster and give one shot to prove it was sashi and no himself.  Instead of worrying about a new coach, and two top5 picks and trying to retool the roster.  He put off the coach for this offseason. Now I actually think the team might be better off looking for a coach this year instead of last year. You can show off Baker Garrett Obunjob Ward and a top10 pick to a coach who wants a solid young core to build around. 

Last year it was Garrett and two top5 picks

Archived