THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

16 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

The defense is playing with too many scrubs right now and if you haven't noticed they defense has been completely different in personnel usage and where said personnel is lining up. Guys have had their roles changed. Gregg is never going to sit on his hands if something is not working. We have at least 4 games playing at their peak right now which is a sign of great coaching. Larry Ogunjobi has been playing with a torn freaking bicep. Trevon Coley, Tanner Vallejo, Anthony Zettel and Brian Price are JV level talents. They should be deep reserves not starters and backups getting a good amount of reps. Terrance Mitchell was extremely rusty in his first two games back but he will be fine either. We are currently playing entire football games with 4 NFL level talents 1 of which has a torn bicep and 1 is an NFL level back up playing a role he has never played before in his career and making an impact 3 weeks in a row in that role.

The defense has improved greatly whether you want to believe it or not.

Ya'll have your favorite and that is fine. I like Kitchen too, but if my money were on the line, if I were GM; my ride or die is Gregg Williams.

Yeah I can see BS when it’s presented. 

His only stint at head coach has been crap and I’ve seen nothing from him to take me over the top to keep him as head coach. 

Again the only area we’ve improved since he took over is offense. Kitchens and Baker are the reason. 

13 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

His only stint at head coach has been crap and I’ve seen nothing from him to take me over the top to keep him as head coach. 

Again the only area we’ve improved since he took over is offense. Kitchens and Baker are the reason. 

I have seen this team let a great offensive mind walk out the door in Kyle Shannahan. I refuse to let that happen again or even chance it. Im not letting Freddie Kitchens leave as well.

Freddie/Baker have a 'thing' whatever that connection is...they have it. Baker trusts/likes Freddie and Freddie from all of his interviews loves Baker. Why make it harder than it has to be?

The only thing is that Freddie doesnt have experience and he might be getting shot up the ladder a little quicker than the normal progression with coaches. However, if he surrounds himself with a good staff to bounce ideas off of and take care of the little things, I see no reason why he shouldnt be wildly successful ala Nagy, McVay, ect.

It may not work out long term.....but the Browns cant afford not to take the chance. Period.

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I have seen this team let a great offensive mind walk out the door in Kyle Shannahan. I refuse to let that happen again or even chance it. Im not letting Freddie Kitchens leave as well.

Freddie/Baker have a 'thing' whatever that connection is...they have it. Baker trusts/likes Freddie and Freddie from all of his interviews loves Baker. Why make it harder than it has to be?

The only thing is that Freddie doesnt have experience and he might be getting shot up the ladder a little quicker than the normal progression with coaches. However, if he surrounds himself with a good staff to bounce ideas off of and take care of the little things, I see no reason why he shouldnt be wildly successful ala Nagy, McVay, ect.

It may not work out long term.....but the Browns cant afford not to take the chance. Period.

Just so we’re square I’m not all in on Kitchens. He’s done a good job with play calling but that’s a long way from immediate head coach material. I can honestly say there are probably quite a few offensive minds that can create a really good game plan with Bakers abilities. How he interviews will be critical. 

Best advice I can give is to take out your emotions and move forward. We have to get this right. 

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Bountygate is a stain on his record, not something that should be admired. 

It’s stain because he’s the only one to get caught. If you think he’s the only one to ever talk like that or offer bounties your out of your damn mind. It’s in high school, college and the nfl. The only difference from gregg and the rest is gregg got caught. 

Baker is a great QB and will continue to be a great QB. Idc if it’s Kitchens or Gregg tbh. But I think we have our HC in house. It’s just depends which guys Dorsey prefers. Gregg has experience on his side. He wasn’t terrible his first year in buffalo and plenty of coaches have done terrible their first time around and gone on to be fantastic coaches. Some HOF coaches. 

8 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

It’s stain because he’s the only one to get caught. If you think he’s the only one to ever talk like that or offer bounties your out of your damn mind. It’s in high school, college and the nfl. The only difference from gregg and the rest is gregg got caught. 

This is where I’ve always been.

This attitude needs to be removed from the game imo, but I know when I played we tried to hurt dudes and they tried to hurt us.  Everybody knew the deal when you stepped on the field.

Greggggg was the sacrificial lamb in this case imo.  He was punished for doing what everyone else was doing.  Or at least  lot of other people.

9 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

I don’t think he’s the only one to offer bounties - that doesn’t change the fact that it’s a stain on his record

12 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

So were Belichicks and Pete Carroll's first stints, there is a such thing as learning from your past mistakes. What if he is showing that now and he is WINNING with this young team as a result of it? You can't in any way discount this 

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

So were Belichicks and Pete Carroll's first stints, there is a such thing as learning from your past mistakes. What if he is showing that now and he is WINNING with this young team as a result of it? You can't in any way discount this 

true but it will be about 15years since his last full time HC stint. The likes of Carroll waited 2 years for his next full time HC job and BB got it 5years.

ESPN has an article that has ESPN panelists make their choices for head coach hires.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25626408/nfl-coaching-candidates-hire-2019-espn-panelists-make-their-picks

1. Lincoln Riley

2. Josh McDaniels

T-3. Vic Fangio

T-3. Mike McCarthy

5. Jim Harbaugh

6. David Shaw

T-7. Dave Toub

T-7. Matt Eberflus

9. Mike Munchak

10. Eric Bieniemy

They have an extended list of other coaches who received votes and a small snippet about each of the coaches in their top 10.

Peace!!!

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I hear what you’re saying but both those coaches were much better than Williams ever was. Williams was just downright bad. It speaks volumes that he hasn’t even sniffed a HC job. As far as the Browns winning right now?  I honestly think it has more to do with Hue being gone and Mayfield lighting it up. 

3 hours ago, cortes02 said:

ESPN has an article that has ESPN panelists make their choices for head coach hires.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25626408/nfl-coaching-candidates-hire-2019-espn-panelists-make-their-picks

1. Lincoln Riley

2. Josh McDaniels

T-3. Vic Fangio

T-3. Mike McCarthy

5. Jim Harbaugh

6. David Shaw

T-7. Dave Toub

T-7. Matt Eberflus

9. Mike Munchak

10. Eric Bieniemy

They have an extended list of other coaches who received votes and a small snippet about each of the coaches in their top 10.

Peace!!!

After the top3 that’s a pretty garbage list. The coach that would scare me the most is Shaw. I don’t know how he would handle a team full of guys they most likely couldn’t make it into Stanford. His school really eliminated the Knuckle heads.

3 hours ago, cortes02 said:

1. Lincoln Riley

2. Josh McDaniels

T-3. Vic Fangio

T-3. Mike McCarthy

5. Jim Harbaugh

6. David Shaw

T-7. Dave Toub

T-7. Matt Eberflus

9. Mike Munchak

10. Eric Bieniemy

Peace!!!

Underwhelming list from top to bottom

Archived