Where to from here, ad where do we finish?

Kiwibrown

Where will we place by the end of the year  

21 members have voted

1. 1. ??

• bottom 3
    • bottom 5
    • bottom 10
    • bottom 15

it sounds like this was a move to help the team win now as much as in the future.

where does this team end up?

what happens from here on out?
greg Williams is 17-31 as a head coach, id say we win 2-3 games and lost 5-6 .. I am not optimistic about this team. 

Our schedule is pretty brutal. The only games where I see us having an even remote chance of winning is at Houston and at Denver (I'd like our chances a lot more vs. those teams if we were home) and maybe we could split with Cincinnati, although they've owned us in recent years.

Atlanta's defense is pretty bad, but their offense is still better than our defense.

So I say we could win three more games at most. But there's a strong chance we won't win again this season.

If we are in range for Bosa or Oliver, we should package picks to accomplish that. There are not really any WR's or OT's worth taking in the top 10 or really even the 1st round. I think there are justifiable WR's and OT's that you could take in R1, but the talent drop-off in the later rounds wouldn't justify taking them that early. I'm trying to get one of the superstars in this draft since we won't be picking outside of the top 10. Go get Bosa or Oliver and address OT/WR in later rounds and FA.

I think we’re just outside the top 5. Mayfield and some of the young talent should be good for 1-2 wins we shouldn’t come away with. I’ll say we win 2-3 more but no more. So really, I can see us anywhere between about 5-8.

Would love Oliver of Bosa. We’d really have to tank for that to happen. Looking at past precedent, if we pick 5th, you’d have to think two QBs go before us. So you’re looking at potentially one of the top few position players. Would love to solidify that DL with one of those two impact guys and solve OT another way (not that I’ll fault us if that’s the route we go). I just see the DL guys as more sure-things to be premiere at their positions.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id be happy to make the divisional round o the playoffs as well. 

Ya, pacing ourselves before Baker takes us to the Super Bowl the next decade. 

Rumor: Baker let us lose games this year only because he knew Hue would hold us back long term. 

Bengals, Panthers, Falcons, Texans and Ravens are all decent, but unspectacular teams. Chiefs are extremely strong on the offensive side of the ball and the Broncos can be tough on the defensive side of the ball.

We can win 2-3 of those games and finish at 4-10-1 or 5-9-1.

We won't though, we'll win 4 or 5 or 6 and finish at lets say, 8-7-1.

I think the game with the Chiefs will end up close, probably not one of the wins as it will be hard to contain that offense but I think we see tour offense start to click and put up 30 points.

Who would have thought we'd get that last playoff spot when we were 2-5-1 and just fired much of our coaching staff?

Who I ask you.

I really hope Mr. Kitchens knows how to scheme an offense around having the 46th and 84th best OTs in the NFL to actually give Baker a fighting chance.

Is Coleman still on this team? Or Corbett for God sake. Someone. Anyone. Ive seen enough of both Harrison/Hubbard. I am genuinly afraid that they are going to shatter Bakers confidence by getting him routinely killed every time they face a mildly good pass rush.

If the Browns finish 5-10-1 and Baker makes it out of this season alive and confident, I call that a big win going into next year.

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Bengals, Panthers, Falcons, Texans and Ravens are all decent, but unspectacular teams. Chiefs are extremely strong on the offensive side of the ball and the Broncos can be tough on the defensive side of the ball.

We can win 2-3 of those games and finish at 4-10-1 or 5-9-1.

We won't though, we'll win 4 or 5 or 6 and finish at lets say, 8-7-1.

I think the game with the Chiefs will end up close, probably not one of the wins as it will be hard to contain that offense but I think we see tour offense start to click and put up 30 points.

Who would have thought we'd get that last playoff spot when we were 2-5-1 and just fired much of our coaching staff?

Who I ask you.

Me!

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I really hope Mr. Kitchens knows how to scheme an offense around having the 46th and 84th best OTs in the NFL to actually give Baker a fighting chance.

You mean chip with TE’s and RB’s?  I’d imagine he does.

All he has to do is implement it.

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Is Coleman still on this team? Or Corbett for God sake. Someone. Anyone. Ive seen enough of both Harrison/Hubbard. I am genuinly afraid that they are going to shatter Bakers confidence by getting him routinely killed every time they face a mildly good pass rush.

If the Browns finish 5-10-1 and Baker makes it out of this season alive and confident, I call that a big win going into next year.

Yeah the definitely need to refocus and make sure Baker is protected first and foremost.

I’d really like to know what happened last week.  Did the OL not make the correct call? Did Baker not identify who was coming and find his hot read? Was there a hot read? 

There’s no real reason for defenders to consistently be unblocked and a QB not have an open target to throw to.

Archived