SNF GDT: Patriots vs Packers

Chiefer

Who wins?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Just now, Starless said:

Toub is 56 years old. He's not going to be a head coach in the NFL.

John Harbaugh, Ron Rivera, Marvin Lewis, Greg Williams, Frank Reich, Andy Reid, Mike Zimmer, Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, and Dirk Koetter are all 56+ years old.  He's definitely not too old.  And there's a slew of them that are in that 52-55 year old range.

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Toub is 56 years old. He's not going to be a head coach in the NFL.

Toub don't wanna be a HC anymore anyhow ---although I'm not sure if he truly ever wanted the position, but that's just my assumption.

At one point he felt like he deserved a chance but got turned down for someone else(can't remember which team) and I think at that point he just felt more at home with staying at ST's. 

Good man and has been one of the best ST coaches of all time. Def deserves a shot though.

Just now, CWood21 said:

John Harbaugh, Ron Rivera, Marvin Lewis, Greg Williams, Frank Reich, Andy Reid, Mike Zimmer, Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, and Dirk Koetter are all 56+ years old.  He's definitely not too old.  And there's a slew of them that are in that 52-55 year old range.

Look at the recent trends in HC hires.
Everyone's looking for the next Sean McVay. You're not going to find him among soon-to-be sexagenarians. 

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

Look at the recent trends in HC hires.
Everyone's looking for the next Sean McVay. You're not going to find him among soon-to-be sexagenarians. 

Sean McVay was literally the perfect storm.  It won't happen again for a while.  It's too bad they didn't hire Kyle Shanahan.

26 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Looking at the Packers roster, Ted Thompson might be the most overrated GM in awhile. Props for picking Rodgers, of course. But after 2012-ish, not so great. 2015? Fireable draft.

He got fired, thought I'd let you know

26 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Looking at the Packers roster, Ted Thompson might be the most overrated GM in awhile. Props for picking Rodgers, of course. But after 2012-ish, not so great. 2015? Fireable draft.

Absolutely. His drafting leading up to our Super Bowl was elite but post 2011 it went downhill and led to the overpaying of some players that are killing us at this point. Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, and Randall Cobb are 3 of our top 5 highest paid players. Let that sink in. It is really early but a look at Gutes first draft is a drastic change from anything we have seen in recent history

9 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Didn’t he just take a different role with the organization? Lmao, if you say so. 

We'll He's not the GM anymore. But keep obsessing over GB every minute of your life. It's totally healthy

Archived