N64 Classic Edition

carrolljcmc

I think this is the worst console to do this for. N64 graphics style has aged terribly. SNES Donkey Kong games have aged better than DK64, same goes for Mario games, and the Banjo Kazooie games that were magic in their day are just grotesque now. Even the more polished games like Perfect Dark are rough af.

The only exception are the THQ wrestling games, which somehow are still the best wrestling games I've played, but apparently will not be there (which is understandable I guess).

On 11/8/2018 at 11:30 AM, MKnight82 said:

So are the games HD remakes or original?  Have you tried playing Ocarina of Time lately?  Its rough.  The graphics are so fuzzy I have no idea how I used to control it with such precision.  

Agreed.  I watched someone play Star Fox 64 and it was terrible.  The game is just really bad.  It was great for it's time.  It's not only the horrible graphics, but the game play is just really stale and extremely boring.

My biggest curiosity with this is that the hardware and software is going to be, with emulation the way it is, they can't just rip off an emulator, hell the best n64 emulator right now might be Dolphin ( a Wii emulator) emulating a Wii playing n64 games lol. But n64 emulation isn't terrible and has some benefits with upscaling and things like that that can greatly improve visual quality.

They won't remake any games, but I wonder if there's some possibilities like that depending on hardware and if they also have their own emulation (that hopefully gets stolen and put online for us lol if it's really good). 

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm really shocked by how many people like wrestling games. 

In High School. After school wed flood to one persons house or another. Have 10-20 people every day taking turns jamming WCW vs NWO and such. Remember 1 kids dad worked someplace where they were updating the TVs. And landed 2 huge projection tvs. The kind that had the 3 circle tubes of green/blue/red aimed up. So tag team battles all the time and 8 people could play cause of 2 of them. Goldeneye was also extra awesome cause of it.

Idiot kids dont do that nowadays. They run home by themselves, toss on some headset to talk to friends. Theyre missing out.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

In High School. After school wed flood to one persons house or another. Have 10-20 people every day taking turns jamming WCW vs NWO and such. Remember 1 kids dad worked someplace where they were updating the TVs. And landed 2 huge projection tvs. The kind that had the 3 circle tubes of green/blue/red aimed up. So tag team battles all the time and 8 people could play cause of 2 of them. Goldeneye was also extra awesome cause of it.

Idiot kids dont do that nowadays. They run home by themselves, toss on some headset to talk to friends. Theyre missing out.

Yeah, I miss those days, just with other types of games.  I always thought the wrestling games were boring when the 64 was out. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm really shocked by how many people like wrestling games. 

1. They were really good and are arguably still better than modern wrestling games. 

2. Wrestling was huge back then. It has never been more popular than it was in the late 90's. Lots of nostalgia with the people on this board. 

On 11/8/2018 at 12:30 PM, MKnight82 said:

So are the games HD remakes or original?  Have you tried playing Ocarina of Time lately?  Its rough.  The graphics are so fuzzy I have no idea how I used to control it with such precision.  

It all looks worse with an HD TV.  The reason you didn't have an issue before was because you were playing it on a standard def TV.  It's kind of backward, i know.

Archived