Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

3 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'd rather have Lamar so I'd need at least a 1st plus Watson. 

Agreed. I’d rather keep Lamar and give him a capable offensive coordinator. He’s two years younger and they have similar arm talent. Watson’s just got the better QB mind at this point. But Lamar has had higher highs. I’d rather see if we can make those highs even higher.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah trading Lamar for Deshaun.

Never ever in the history of this earth would I make that trade. 

They both bring different things to the table but I just like Lamar more. 

If we're talking sh*t's and giggles? I honestly have no idea how the trade would be structured. Lol

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Never ever in the history of this earth would I make that trade. 

They both bring different things to the table but I just like Lamar more. 

If we're talking sh*t's and giggles? I honestly have no idea how the trade would be structured. Lol

yes lol come on now, check my pfp for goodness sakes!

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Some great memories. This dude brought it for us in one of our most exciting seasons in league history. Always a Raven 👊🏼🤙🏼

Big Boi, no Lil boi!

I’m still convinced that Ingram’s Big Trust interview is what led to Lamar’s unanimous MVP. The league didn’t really seem to accept Lamar as a legitimate MVP front runner until that speech. If he never goes to bat in that way, Lamar’s probably splitting votes.

• Like 1

I have faith in Hollywood Brown to rain tds next year. It felt like a couple things go differently this season and he could have finished with 10+ tds. 

Covid was the major dagger to our team IMO. I thought the football gods were going to allow us to end the Steelers undefeated streak this season and propel us to the division title but things happen. I don't know if it was talked about much but in the telecast I could see Lamar had those small circular bandaids on his arm indicating an IV in several games afterwards. I also thought he looked exhausted at the end of games and it would make a lot of sense. 

Really big offseason for Decosta ahead. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

I hate the writers for the team website. For years “Wah! Nobody respects us. WAH!” Then they finally do respect us and it’s “Dynasty?” before we even win a playoff game. And every offseason with the “we’re probably not going to make any big moves because we’re smarter than everyone.” Now it’s a bunch of stubborn stay the course BS.

• Like 1

Isn't it to be expected that the team website will either be hyping the team up in good times and defending them in not so good times?  If anything, I'd be surprised if there was an article on the website blaming Roman/the scheme or any players in particular. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, drd23 said:

Isn't it to be expected that the team website will either be hyping the team up in good times and defending them in not so good times?  If anything, I'd be surprised if there was an article on the website blaming Roman/the scheme or any players in particular. 

Yeah the team writers are literally paid to be propaganda for the team. They're the last people I would expect to be rational and/or critical unless things are really going bad.

14 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I hate the writers for the team website. For years “Wah! Nobody respects us. WAH!” Then they finally do respect us and it’s “Dynasty?” before we even win a playoff game. And every offseason with the “we’re probably not going to make any big moves because we’re smarter than everyone.” Now it’s a bunch of stubborn stay the course BS.

I don't really pay too much attention to the Ravens website writers but I do agree that the general that the org likes to project this 'we're smarter than everyone else' kind of attitude and it's kind of gotten out of hand. Lot of the main media heads covering the Ravens are complicit in that as well - it was particularly over the top last year with Roman, Harbaugh, and EDC being treated as geniuses IMO because it was an easy way for Lamar skeptics to downplay Lamar's success by pretending he was put in this 'perfect' situation rather than acknowledging how much he was doing to make them look smart. 

It doesn't really matter that much in the end as long as the guys making the decisions aren't buying into their own hype but it does just sort of make a lot of corners of the Internet kind of insufferable since a lot of Ravens fans have taken up a similar attitude. It's not prevalent here which is why we can all have decent conversations about football, which is probably why we all keep coming back, but if you go somewhere like the Ravens subreddit or other lowest common denominator places it's just all sorts of dismissive drivel about how nobody dares question 'Big **** EDC' or whatever and just rationalizing away most criticism. 

• Like 1