Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

I don’t know. Good organizations find a way to make it happen. They’ll still have a great defense and Tomlin got them 8 wins without Ben. A great draft where they’ll be picking ahead of both the Ravens and the Browns could get them started on that path.

I won’t write the Steelers out. I can just see them adding a Creed Humphrey/Wyatt Davis plus a 2nd round RB, like a Najee Harris who the league somehow allows to fall to them... and just leaning on teams with a strong rushing attack all season long. Add in a defense that should still be a ferocious pass defense, even after pieces leave and with 7 seeds, they’ve got as good a shot as any of the other squads like a potentially renewed Texans squad, the surging Dolphins squad, a Jets squad that could make serious improvements, the Patriots with Belichick, heck maybe a Trevo Lawrence led Jags?, etc. All those teams have serious flaws, but could make strides.

After an entire offseason of FF saying Lamar is just a runner and can't win a playoff game based on his performance last year, Tannehill passed for fewer yards than Lamar and threw the game losing interception and it was totally silent with absolutely no one questioning Tannehill as an option going forward. Suspect. 

• Like 1

Something that really hurts the Steelers' rebuild is how different the teams within the AFCN are. Dealing with the eventual air you out and throw it 50 times Burrow offense, then the next week getting your guys set to stopping the Ravens horrifying run game will be no easy task. And the Browns have their own flavor as well. You can't specialize your personnel and will need to secure varied and talented pieces on defense.

Then you have to build an offense that can keep pace. It's a pretty daunting task.

That's just the division too. Think of all the AFC monsters you potentially have to slay to make the Super Bowl as well. Steelers have dark dark days ahead. The AFC is no longer hope to avoid 3-4 QBs, and some surging playoff dark horse. There's a gang of talent surging right now. 

12 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Anybody who thinks Davante Smith is falling out of the top 10 is delusional

Just going through the first 10 picks here:

1. Jags -- Lawrence
  2. Jets -- They could potentially take a WR, but they have some pieces there already with Mims so they probably trade back or go QB.
  3. Dolphins -- They could use a WR for Tua, but ehhh idk.
  4. Falcons -- They need a QB.
  5. Bengals -- They need OL.
  6. Eagles -- The need....a lot but WR actually isn't one of them.
  7. Lions -- They need a QB.
  8. Panthers - They're set at WR
  9. Broncos -- They're set at WR
  10. Cowboys -- They're set at WR
  11. Giants -- This is where I could see him going potentially.

So for me I feel like NYG is the most likely destination, even if they trade up to get him. I don't think any of the first 10 teams will stay there and draft a WR.

33 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Just going through the first 10 picks here:

1. Jags -- Lawrence
  2. Jets -- They could potentially take a WR, but they have some pieces there already with Mims so they probably trade back or go QB.
  3. Dolphins -- They could use a WR for Tua, but ehhh idk.
  4. Falcons -- They need a QB.
  5. Bengals -- They need OL.
  6. Eagles -- The need....a lot but WR actually isn't one of them.
  7. Lions -- They need a QB.
  8. Panthers - They're set at WR
  9. Broncos -- They're set at WR
  10. Cowboys -- They're set at WR
  11. Giants -- This is where I could see him going potentially.

So for me I feel like NYG is the most likely destination, even if they trade up to get him. I don't think any of the first 10 teams will stay there and draft a WR.

Dolphins could very well take a WR there. In their own division they just watched how a true #1 WR can transform an offense and QB in Buffalo. So could the Bengals. They have Higgins and Boyd and that's about it...Green and Ross are gone and Tate and Erickson aren't 2nd contract guys. They could draft a bigtime WR if Sewell is gone. Boyd is best in the slot, they need another outside threat with Higgins - it's clear that team will be throwing 30+ times every game with Burrow at the helm. WR is absolutely a need for the Eagles unless you think Jalen Reagor and JJ Arcega Whiteside are anything to build a future WR corp around (they're not, ask their fans). Panthers need a receiving option too...Robby Anderson's only signed through 2021 and DJ Moore is the only receiver worth a damn on that team once he leaves. The Giants are the floor for Smith. Not where he's most likely to go. One of those teams will take him, or another team will trade with them to get him.

Edited by Ray Reed

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Dolphins could very well take a WR there. In their own division they just watched how a true #1 WR can transform an offense and QB in Buffalo. So could the Bengals. They have Higgins and Boyd and that's about it...Green and Ross are gone and Tate and Erickson aren't 2nd contract guys. They could draft a bigtime WR if Sewell is gone. Boyd is best in the slot, they need another outside threat with Higgins - it's clear that team will be throwing 30+ times every game with Burrow at the helm. WR is absolutely a need for the Eagles unless you think Jalen Reagor and JJ Arcega Whiteside are anything to build a future WR corp around (they're not, ask their fans). Panthers need a receiving option too...Robby Anderson's only signed through 2021 and DJ Moore is the only receiver worth a damn on that team once he leaves. The Giants are the floor for Smith. Not where he's most likely to go. One of those teams will take him, or another team will trade with them to get him.

If the Bengals take a WR over an OL, we need to throw them a GD party because that's so dumb. 

Eagles, Dolphins and Panthers I could be convinced of, though I still think the Panthers will re-sign Curtis Samuel.

• Like 1