Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

I watched Hill in the pre season and he looked pretty good. At least better than Drake looked in Raider camp and week 1.

I'm completely biased here because I made a gamble that he, Hill, would get the majority of the carries week 1 and then Drake, who's only been with the team a little more than a week,  overtook both Hill and Davis for touches.

But just based on my eval, Drake looks washed. ...and Hill looked shockingly explosive coming off the injury. He deserved the opportunity.

Edited by BrownLeader

52 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

I watched Hill in the pre season and he looked pretty good. At least better than Drake looked in Raider camp and week 1.

I'm completely biased here because I made a gamble that he, Hill, would get the majority of the carries week 1 and then Drake, who's only been with the team a little more than a week,  overtook both Hill and Davis for touches.

But just based on my eval, Drake looks washed. ...and Hill looked shockingly explosive coming off the injury. He deserved the opportunity.

No matter how washed anyone is, I just don't think this organization views Justice Hill with any sort of confidence. I've been on the Justice Hill hype train for 3 years. I've seen how explosive and shifty this dude is in space. I think he would be great in this offense if we worked him on the edges and stuff, but I've completely resigned to the fact that it'll never happen. Whether it's because he's not a good pass blocker, or can't run between the tackles, or whatever, it's just not gonna happen.

I don't think Drake looked washed, he still looked like he had some juice and he's on been here for like a week or so. Even with that being said, he's just a filler until Dobbins goes which should be soon. Although, I will say personally from the videos I've seen of Dobbins, he still has a noticeable limp.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No matter how washed anyone is, I just don't think this organization views Justice Hill with any sort of confidence. I've been on the Justice Hill hype train for 3 years. I've seen how explosive and shifty this dude is in space. I think he would be great in this offense if we worked him on the edges and stuff, but I've completely resigned to the fact that it'll never happen. Whether it's because he's not a good pass blocker, or can't run between the tackles, or whatever, it's just not gonna happen.

I don't think Drake looked washed, he still looked like he had some juice and he's on been here for like a week or so. Even with that being said, he's just a filler until Dobbins goes which should be soon. Although, I will say personally from the videos I've seen of Dobbins, he still has a noticeable limp.

Washed is a bit much, yea. But compared to how explosive he was at his best, and what he could've been, I feel like he's on his last stint as a pro player.

It's kind of amazing to keep a guy like Hill around for 3 years than displace him for a guy you just picked up a week ago. That's a slap. It's got to be his assignments/pass pro.

51 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Washed is a bit much, yea. But compared to how explosive he was at his best, and what he could've been, I feel like he's on his last stint as a pro player.

It's kind of amazing to keep a guy like Hill around for 3 years than displace him for a guy you just picked up a week ago. That's a slap. It's got to be his assignments/pass pro.

For all Hill's athleticism and explosiveness, I don't think he has good vision or instincts.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

It’s only been two games but Hollywood is the worst blocking WR I’ve ever seen. He doesn’t even try on runs or WR screens. Without Hopkins taking up the D’s attention it’s really tough to use him.

Yeah I mean we subbed him out a bunch for those formations IIRC. But I mean what do you expect for a guy who's 160 lbs?

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah I mean we subbed him out a bunch for those formations IIRC. But I mean what do you expect for a guy who's 160 lbs?

BA told John Brown he’s not playing unless he manufactures physicality in the run/screen game.  Not that I expect Coach Cupcake to say that but a little effort wouldn’t hurt (or maybe It would hurt him).

I'm going on record. 

If Harbaugh has another season that ends with subpar results. Sean Payton is my above all others pick. 

He's a great offensive mind that could kick off the new LJ era in Baltimore (If Mega Deal is agreed upon). 

I'm a big Harbaugh guy but there's only so much of Harbaugh refusing to make in game adjustments and just standing there with a pouty look on his face watchinga bully take his candy. 

Has the Harbaugh charm wore off in charm city? That remains to be seen. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. 😒

• Like 1